Help Shape the Tablo Roadmap

Right, I don’t use a proprietary player - they are useless to me. I can set buttons to jump a set time. 1min 3sec and 15sec. A commercial comes along and I tap 1min 3 or 4 times, maybe a 30sec and a 15 to fine tune things, and I’m done. Not actually blindly, there’s a slider and elapsed time and total time, but tool bars are completely customizable, so what works for you.

More isn’t always better - call it a feature and… it’s better. A simple utility interface to do what you need to do quickly and simply - less is best.

Apple has figured out how to have features and still maintain that simple user interface. Others can do the same.

I’m not sure why people defend a product so much when it’s clearly missing one basic item, thumbnails when you rewind or resume pause form a live stream. Outside of that, hey great product…mostly. Perhaps it’s a patent issue, Tivo I think still has most of those.

Apple is far from perfect.

Isn’t Apple the company that sometrimes releases an OS update that slows down the current phones and reduces battery capacity so as to protect me from catching on fire during charging?

one basic item - ability to watch recordings on my device over my network solely with out the necessity of internet connectivity! :exclamation:! :grey_exclamation:

I believe the defense is directed at the alleged missing features/abilities not specifically at the overall product.

1 Like

That’s highly subjective. I challenge the Tablo forum faithfuls to create a new topic: “Tablo: What could be done better?” then actually come up with some items. This current thread is clearly been killed off. I have an idea…no you don’t…I have another idea…No…you really don’t.

1 Like

I challenge you :crossed_swords: - create a topic explaining what’s not to complain about how tablo DVR works for you. It’s been discussed, there’s no straight line comparison between OTA DVRs.

So, either, why was/is tablo your choice… or how do you get around your perceived annoyances/problems.

Purchased through authorized dealers, it comes with a 30day return if it’s unacceptable, so instead of venting about it’s shortcoming… can you create a topic highlighting your tablo and dealings with it???

Don’t need a topic for it. First problem was related to CBS 5 in my area causing constant reboots. Only after posting here did I find out why and later the issue was resolved.

Second problem was excessive heat on the Quad for the hard drive, problem solved by modifications to the device.

Third problem was commercial skip failures which after some discussion Tablo support acknowledged the issue and it appears good now.

So in conclusion fix it yourself or bug the crap out of everyone until it gets fixed.

What else would a support forum be for?

Tablo Community Forum

Want to keep a finger on the pulse of the cord cutting revolution? Join the conversation in the Tablo Community Forums for insight into the latest cord cutting trends, services and gear including Tablo OTA DVRs.

yea, they specifically don’t call it a support forum. This really isn’t supportive…

as with your responses imply - I figured it out… figure it out for yourself, I got nothing to say.

How about split screen? Two tuners so two shows side-by-side or over and under?

You can do that manually on your PC. Just open up as many browsers as you want. Volume control is by browser, so you can have one on normal volume, and the others on silent or low volume.

Yea, but you only get 6 streams*. I had 2 live (dual lite) and one recording. Stoped the recording and that window and one of the live streams pooped with - image
so I kind of could, but I would need realistic expectations – Actually I have 2 TVs mounted on the wall, maybe that’s why I wouldn’t bother. But it may be just what someone needs.
*some restrictions may apply

What is your point here?

Oh, I get it. You just want to be utterly ridiculous and nonsensical.

I was just responding the other sarcasm. Didn’t mean to detract. (in short, the idea that Tablo needs to be exactly like other DVRs is actually just plain wrong, but I understand the tiny feature improvement requests)

No argument about multiple browsers open, but I was thinking more of the actual TV screen rather than a computer on tablet device.

my computers are connect to actual TV screens! If you have a 60" or so TV… why would you watch a show on a tablet? (ok, there are reasons of convenience)

I doubt it’s a patent issue, since there is clearly a technical issue. They would have to use a second tuner during the entire live stream to generate the thumbnails. And that’s just the first issue to solve in order to implement that feature.

I’m not sure Roku has the functionality to play two videos at the same time. It would be cool to see on Android TV, Fire TV, and Apple TV though.

Only use I can see for split screen is sports, but if you like sports that much just watch the game and stop watching something else. I’ve had split screen ability since the 90’s on pretty much every TV I’ve owned, never used it once.

Remembering my old U-verse (IPTV) days. You do get spoiled when you can put a 4-up display with different channels in each.

(noting that tuner math applies in the case of OTA and tuners)

And what do you watch? Lots of sports?