Flickering/split screen issue

is it copy protection ?
google “broadcast flag”

It’s not that. It’s an issue with the encoder at the broadcaster’s end.

I have the exact same issue with PBS 5.1 in Albuquerque

The same issue still exists in Albuquerque with both channels 5.1 and 9.1. Channel 9.2 seems to be OK.

I also use PBS Channel 5.1 in Albuquerque, though I’m in Los Alamos, it’s September 21st now and I still have this issue. Support says KNME is working on it and it’ll be fixed in a few weeks(?) I’m frustrated that I couldn’t find anything out about this from them (KNME) and with how long it is taking to resolve. It seems like it was fixed pretty quickly in other situations. Is it always Channel 5.1?

I like the idea of having this OTA DVR, but it is a shame that it doesn’t seem to be does not work the same for all the channels. The PBS channels in Albuquerque should be addressed, if possible.

Hi all, quick update on this: we’ve just heard back from the broadcaster in Albuquerque and they’ve made some recent changes to try and solve this issue. We’ve heard from 1 customer in the area so far, and the issue appears to have been resolved. Let us know how things look on your end if you’re in the area.

I am having this issue in southern Idaho, been doing it for over a week and just searched to see if anyone else had this issue. The Local Station is KMVT

It sounds like the broadcaster for this channel may be having similar issues to the one above. Feel free to send our support team a ticket and we can check it out.

I have been having the the same problem in Twin Falls Idaho 83301 with the local CBS station KMTV for the past week or two.

We’re having this issue in Seattle with the local CBS affiliate KIRO.

The split screen, flickering occurs on live and recorded video from KIRO.

Any chance you can get KIRO to look into this?

Thanks!

We can certainly ask them - can you share a screenshot so that we can send it their way?

Here in Sammamish (kiro) as well. Sent in a ticket yesterday.

Here’s an example of KIRO…

Here in Seattle if my Tablo is set to HD 1080 - 10 Mbps it crashes and reboots when I try to watch CBS on KIRO. The other channels on that tower work fine and KIRO comes in strongly on my TV tuner.
If I set the Tablo to HD 720 - 5 Mbps the Tablo doesn’t crash but I get the same split screen/flickering others have reported.

Interesting comment about resolution/bandwidth.
Mine was already set to 720-3Mbps which is the recommended setting.
Today the split screen flickering is gone but the top of the screen has strange horizontal lines.

Our flickering recordings on CBS disappeared as suddenly as they appeared. All’s well.

We’ve received a number of reports that indicate this issue has been solved by the broadcaster. If you’re still seeing split screen/flickering behaviour, send our team the details.

Back to normal for me as well.

Thanks Tablo. All is good again.