Flickering/split screen issue

Agreed. I think the potential bigger issue is that broadcasters don’t really like us DVR’ing their content so we can skip commercials. If some bean counter figures out they can basically disable our DVR’s, I could see them implementing something like this on purpose.

Of course, then we couldn’t watch ANYTHING they broadcast via our Tablo and would have to switch to direct connection to an antenna, but they could care less. Before you think this couldn’t happen, look at how some shows start a minute or two before the hour. No way they really need that time, it’s got to be to screw with DVR’s and shifting commercials into higher paying time slots (i.e., they could care less if it makes them $$$).

My issue with the split screen was corrected today. All is well for now.

Excellent. Hopefully they’ll go with the ‘good’ encoder for the weekend!

@beaucop1, @kathyeck, @FlyingDiver, @Jimhyer, @bravo

How are things looking in South Florida?

Still looking good here.

1 Like

Excellent. If anything changes, let us know!

All is good. And it’s still warm! :wink:

Stop rubbing it in!

While we don’t have record snow we do have light winds and patchy fog - earthquakes and firestorms…

Today: Mostly sunny. Warmer. Highs 81 to 86. Light winds.

Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows 45 to 55. Light winds.

Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs 78 to 83. Light winds.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows 42 to 52. Light winds.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy in the morning…becoming partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs 75 to 80. Light winds.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy. Patchy fog overnight. Lows 45 to 54.

Friday: Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs 74 to 79.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy in the evening…becoming mostly clear. Lows 43 to 53.

NBC in south Florida is split screen again today, it has been fine for months. It was ok this morning, but this afternoon has been split. Anyway you can check and see if something went bump with their version contrl?

I too started experiencing split screen-flickering starting yesterday, only on NBC. This is the Fort Myers area. We had experienced this same issue a few months back. I believe a rep from Tablo contacted local NBC for a solution.

Not so good. Experiencing the same issues as before with split screen and flickering only on NBC. Please help.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up guys.

Is it still doing that today?

Doesn’t appear to be. I’ll try to keep an eye on it for a while.

:crossed_fingers:

I’m guessing they may have done the final switchover to the new equipment and momentarily forgot to tweak that setting when they did.

Keep us posted!

Watched on and off for an hour or so. Never saw any artifacts.

1 Like

Hi, I just bought my first Tablo and unfortunately I am experiencing the same odd issue with my first recordings. I recorded an episode of Endeavor and Father Brown on our local PBS station, channel 5.1, in Albuquerque, New Mexico and have the same issue. Other recordings from other channels look fine, but this one doesn’t record well. The signal is strong and the issue is not present during the broadcast on TV’s. Help.

You’ll need to contact @TabloSupport directly in order for them to get your particular details so that they can contact the offending station and get them to correct their transmission.
Either call Tablo Support tomorrow or use the email support ticket to give them your particular problem and station information.

Thank you, I will do that. Have a good evening.

We’ve had a few complaints about PBS in this area. We’ve contacted them and are hopeful they’ll resolve this on their end soon!