Flickering/split screen issue

Just discovered I’m having the same issue for WCAX here in Vermont. Does anyone have the contact info for the station? I emailed this topic to tim.thayer@wcax.com (WCAX engineer), but I wanted to make sure that is the right person to contact.

I have been having the same issue for the past week and a half. I think it started around the 8th of September. I have contacted both Tablo (with a slow response) it took 4 days for them to get back to me and had me do several basic troubleshooting steps that I already did before contacting them to find out this is a known issue and I should contact WCAX because they were unable to contact the engineers at the station. I sent an email to Tim Thayer last night and he quickly responded this morning saying they have not been able to contact Tablo engineers to discuss the issue. It sounds like a finger pointing issue. Up until the 8th of September my Tablo has been rock solid for over 3 years. Someone changed something on one end or the other.

You mean as a last resort he couldn’t try opening a tablo ticket or call the phone number and provide contact info?

We’ve sent the station six different notes since @MikeNE raised the issue on September 13th which included details regarding the changes needed to their encoder to fix the problem.

We’re happy to speak with them if they email us back but they should already have the information they need.

@TabloTV I just spoke to Tim, and he has not received ANY of the notes. He does not know where you are sending them. Can you direct them directly to his email address? (tim.thayer@wcax.com)

Thanks

We’ve sent a few notes to a few addresses, including the one above (we’ve also replied to notes from him with details), but we’ll certainly keep trying.

1 Like

Is there any movement on this issue? The channel has been unwatchable for over 2 weeks. I loved my Tablo and don’t want to throw it away for just one channel however it is the channel for most of my recorded shows. I have to travel soon for an extended period of time. I was looking forward to being able to stream my shows while I am in Israel for 2 months.

No updates yet, we’re hoping to get more debugging details to send over to the broadcaster, but this is going to take some time. In the past, the initial details we provide are usually sufficient to help the broadcaster resolve the issue. For some reasons this issue seems harder for them to narrow down.

From the information I sent them I was able to pin point the exact day it started happening so what changed that day? They must have changed something.

I just bought a Tablo Dual Lite last week. I am having the exact same problem with WCAX. Strange how there seems to be other CBS affiliates having the exact same problems in other cities. Thanks for getting the troubleshooting started!

I just had an exchange with Tim and we did some testing. From what I can tell, he fixed it! WCAX is working correctly for me now…

1 Like

Nice! I will test mine out when I get home and report back…

1 Like

It works!

1 Like

Mine is now working also. I had it on the lowest resolution so I will test on the higest later.

2 Likes

Hello Tablo Community: I am having this same issue that just started on Channel 11 WENH in New Hampshire, hoping Tablo Support can assist.

Wrong my hdmi unit does

We’re having this problem in Albuquerque, NM again, this time with the local PBS station, KNME. It started a couple weeks ago. We had this issue with the NBC affiliate back in May. Apparently the station engineers and Tablo engineers were having a hard time getting in touch with one another to fix the problem, but I was able to contact the GM and get them together. Once they did it was fixed the same day. I reached out to the KNME engineer last week and he thinks he might have a fix, but couldn’t try it yet because he’s down with COVID (looking into this and contacting me about it twice is real dedication!). Anyway, I’m posting this to let Tablo know it’s going on, so hopefully you can get in touch with the KNME engineer, if necessary, and work this out. If my wife misses another episode of “call the Midwife” I fear for the safety of my family.

BTW, I had to create another user account because the forum wouldn’t let me post anything, saying, “We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.” That’s ridiculous! “New” users are the ones that need these forums the most! Please change this policy! Thank you.

Are you still seeing this issue with WENH? If so, can you post a screenshot/image of what it looks like, so that we can forward this along to the broadcaster?

Thanks for you message. I was still
Monitoring for a few more days and it seems the issue is now resolved. Enclosed is a picture of the double screen.

1 Like

I started a ticket and am having the same issue with WTOC CBS Savannah since 3/2/22. I emailed them but have had no response, has Tablo?