Flickering/split screen issue

Hi folks - We haven’t heard back from WKRC either. Hopefully we’ll hear something today.

I am having the same issue. It looks like people in the Phoenix, AZ area had the exact same issue with their CBS channel in 2019. What was the fix for that? I am willing to do any trouble shooting needed to resolve this. When I watch OTA tv it is mostly WKRC CBS here in Cincinnati. I also pick up the Dayton, OH CBS channel and there is no issue with that channel. It is only happening on WKRC Cincinnati over Tablo. None of my friends or family have this issue because they don’t have Tablo. Thanks.

Same problem here. Also Cincinnati, just CBS channel 12-1. All other channels (12-2 etc.) are OK. Only occurs through Tablo. Direct antenna feed to TV is OK. Started about 3 days ago.

We have followed up again with WKRC but still haven’t heard back.

In order to hopefully expedite the resolution, if you’re in Cincinnati and are experiencing the flickering/split-screen issue please email ml-WKRC-Maint@sbgtv.com.

We know that this is due to an issue with the station’s encoder settings. The settings are missing parameter called ‘picture structure’. In regular 1080i broadcasts the parameter called ‘field’ is always present for the ‘picture structure’ parameter.

In previous instances, the broadcaster correcting this oversight has rectified the issue.

If you do plan to contact them, please be kind! They likely don’t even realize this is an issue.

Same for CBS in Cincinnati. Same symptoms others have posted as screen shot. Been going on at least 3 weeks. It’s only CBS. The Tablo scan shows a great (green) signal strength. If I remove Tablo from the equation, the picture is fine.

Hi folks - A customer let us know that he heard back from WKRC. They’ve implemented a change and that customer says they are now seeing a much better picture.

@lovesdogs @Lexinati @jazzsuns @poodle @greg01748 - Are you seeing something similar?

I also heard back from CBS Cincinnati. They asked me, probably others, to test and report back since they don’t have access to a Tablo DVR. Agree, issue seems to be resolved.

1 Like

Yes, I received a response from WKRC to the email I sent and I am good now. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your inquiry. Engineering at Channel 12/64 has been researching a resolution to this issue within our distribution system. We have implemented a configuration change this morning. Since we do not have access to a Tablo DVR we ask that you respond back to this email with your observances. Hopefully this will resolve this problem.

Thank you,

Dave Razo

WKRC Engineering Maintenance Supervisor

Checked just after 10:00 this morning. Seems to be fixed. Will check again later

Great! Glad to hear it!

Yes, appears fixed as of 8/18. Rescanned and was able to connect without issue an stuttering picture. Thanks to tablo and fellow tablo users!

1 Like

Checked WKRc again at 5:00 and definitely fixed! Thanks to all involved! So good to see an issue acknowledged and resolved so promptly.

Same for me…finally fixed. YAY!

It is August and I am seen the same

issue with this channel

Which channel is this @diriangen? Where are you located?

51-1 KUNS Univision and I am located in Seattle.
Thanks

Yes, I am still having the same issue with KUNS 51.1 Seattle area as well.

We’re having the same issue on WUCW HD TV channel 23.1 in 55077

WUCW HD TV channel 23.1 looks fine to me. I am in 55346, not far from you. Perhaps it was temporary, are you still seeing the issue?

It was happening for over a week. Today it looks fixed.