Flickering/split screen issue

Regardless, evidently TV broadcast stations have the ability to unknowingly cause disruption to Tablo service (for which they have no obligation to resolve). In my humble customer paying opinion, Tablo needs to find a permanent “fix” on their end before this issue propagates across the country.

More transparency about what the problem(s) is and what is needed by the broadcaster to fix, might also help make sense of it all.

We did post a short primer on the source of these issues here:

Actually, they do have an obligation to fix it when their broadcast doesn’t conform to the ATSC standard, which is what’s happening here.

1 Like

I just submitted a ticket for this same issue. Super annoying trying to watch recordings with flickering screen or screen split in half. I’m in NM so not only happening in AZ.

It is on KOB (NBC) in Albuquerque? They had fixed this 11 days ago. Has it reverted?

It appears to be fixed. I was watching recordings from the first week of May that were messed up. Thank you for your response.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with KOB in Durango, Colorado. I receive their signal from their KOBF translator in Farmington, New Mexico. Maybe they fixed their main transmitter but not their translator?

After a rescan I see they added Decades channel to channel 12.4. Not sure if related but I see other times this seems to happen after adding a subchannel. This channel has no guide data, so I’ll add this to my support request.

I emailed KOB and they’ve fixed the problem.

1 Like

I recently purchased a Tablo and I am noticing the problem of the display “flickering" as described in this topic

The channel exhibiting this issue is:

KUNS Channel 51

Programming: Univision

ID: “Univision Seattle”

City: Bellevue, WA

Owner: Sinclair Broadcast Group

Market: [Seattle - Tacoma]

Digital Subchannels:
51.1 Univision

I do not experience any issues if I bypass the Tablo and watch this channel with the antenna connected directly

Thank you for posting the details. We’re in the process of reaching out to this broadcaster now. Please feel free to contact them directly with a complaint as well, along with an example of what the feed looks like while experiencing this issue. We’ve found this has expedited the solution from the broadcaster’s end in the past.

Hi, I am in the 88201 zip code area running a Tablo Quad and just got the system up and running and we are having the same problem as described above with Channel 8.1 KOBR out of Albuquerque. Would you folks be able to reach out to this broadcaster and request the message parameter/header adjustment described? This appears to be the only channel affected in our area.

Sounds like KOB takes care of their home transmitter but ignores their repeaters. I had the same problem with KOBF in Farmington. I contacted them through www.kob.com/contact, then chose the option for complaint/technical issue.
I told them about the “picture structure” parameter mentioned earlier in this thread, and the earlier problem with their main transmitter that they had fixed. The problem disappeared within a day or so. Never got a reply from them.

Hey thanks for the response. And thank you for the contact link. I’ll reach out to them in the same way and see if they can do anything about that. Very much appreciate the response. Have a great weekend.

Wanted to shout out a big thanks to the Tablo community on this topic. KOBR was very helpful and were able to fix the algorithm problem on their digital feed and the channel 8-1 is working perfectly. Love my Tablo!

Tablo reached out to them in January after I reported the problem. I didn’t contact the broadcaster myself but will do that now. This is for Univision Seattle

We’ve found hearing from customers in the area usually speeds up the resolution; let us know if you hear back!

I’m having the same issue (split screen/flickering) in Cincinnati, OH with the CBS affiliate known as WKRC-TV owned by Sinclair. I just replaced my coaxial cable to see if that would help and then I found this thread. The issue started 2 days ago on 8/11/2021. Would you be able to contact them to get this resolved? I copied info from an earlier post & emailed that to them at ml-WKRC-Maint@sbgtv.com. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly! Thanks.

1 Like

I would just like to backup lovesdogs comment about wkrc-tv , the cbs affiliate in Cincinnati. Tried to watch preseason football on Saturday 8/14 and had similar experience. The game was unwatchable, with split screens sudden zoom in and out and flickering picture. I rebooted both router and tablo. Rescanned channels and even went into other channels to learn they were not experiencing any issues. I wonder if they were testing at school 3.0 but seemed to only be during the game. I also tested out on roku and with iOS app and both experienced the issue.

I received an email response from an actual person @sbgtv.com Friday evening (8/13/21) stating they would look into the issue. However, nothing has been fixed yet. For me, this channel is 100% unwatchable at all times through my TabloTV. I can only watch if I connect my antenna directly to the TV, which is a real pain. If it’s not fixed by Monday afternoon, I’ll be emailing them again. Lexinati, if you would email to them as well, perhaps they will take it more seriously: ml-WKRC-Maint@sbgtv.com.