Flickering/split screen issue

FYI, instead of deleting my scheduled recordings, I just set them to only record on a channel that they’ll never air on. Then when/if the problem is fixed I can remove the channel selection.

1 Like

From earlier in the thread:

I just called WTVS and put in a viewer support ticket, I encourage others experiencing this problem to call as well. This may put a little pressure on them to work with Tablo to fix the problem.

1 Like

@TabloTV is it fair to say that the Tablo HDMI unit would be mostly immune to these types of display issues (since the broadcast is not transcoded)?

@mbellaire That’s correct. While we haven’t been able to test this specifically there’s no reason why this encoder issue should affect the HDMI.

1 Like

@TabloTV, in my original post regarding the WTVS 56 issues I included an image with inverted/weird colors. Last night my Tablo tried to record WTVS because I missed disabling a few scheduled recordings, result was that the Tablo restarted a few times before I stopped the recording. Things seemed fine afterwards so I did not power cycle it. Later that same night The Tonight Show was recorded, but it was in 2 segments the first segment was recorded with inverted colors (see below), then a restart and the rest of the recording was fine.

My point is that when WTVS is recorded, and the error/restart occurs - the problem is not really cleared until the Tablo is power cycled. Some error condition survives the restart.

I’m having the same problem with 56.1 PBS Detroit. Is there way to contact them to help push for a resolution?

Here’s the contact info for channel 56 WTVS.

Riley Broadcast Center
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393
248-305-3900

5401 Woodward Ave
Detroit, MI 48202
(313) 872-7500
email@dptv.org

@TabloTV it appears that the issue with channel 56 Detroit is resolved.

Edit:. Have been streaming channel 56 for over 2 hours with no issues. I think it’s good.

2 Likes

So far so good, hopefully WTVS is done tweaking their configuration after adding that 5th channel.

That’s great news!

Same flickering and split screen issue in Albuquerque started (noticed) last night 05/02/2021 and is continuing today. Only affecting one channel, KOB-4, the local NBC affiliate… please look into this, thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Martin_Vaughan - We’re aware of the issue and have contacted the station several times. Still waiting to hear back :frowning:

I’m having the same issue with KOB in Albuquerque. It started last week some time. I appreciate you guys jumping on this so quickly and it makes me really mad that you haven’t gotten much (or any?) help from the station. Would it help if we called and bugged them about it? Do you have the appropriate contact info?

It has in the past with other channels who haven’t been willing to assist. Just make sure to be respectful. Sometimes the local staff needs to call in engineering assistance to get this type of thing resolved.

They’ve got a contact form and phone number on their website:

https://www.kob.com/contact/

Done. I was respectful and pleaded with them to work with Tablo to fix it ASAP because if my wife misses another episode of This Is Us she’s going to go ballistic!

1 Like

Hopefully we can all work together to keep you out of the dog house :slight_smile:

1 Like

Better hurry! :laughing:

I’ve sent three separate email messages to ask for a coordinated resolution, none of which have been answered (so time to call). KOB is owed by Hubbard Broadcasting, if no response soon, perhaps contact corporate:

Hubbard Broadcasting
3415 University Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55114

Main Line: (651) 642-4100

FWIW - someone from KOB called the support line this afternoon since so many of you had complained. We’re working to connect them with our engineering staff so hopefully we’ll see a resolution soon.