Does anyone know how to migrate DB on harddrive from old tablo to a new replacement tablo?

As i SAID- YOUR SOFTWARE ID ALPHA. $33 and i can record and plug in a Pc or Mac and get the file.

GLOBAL RECORD once may have been nice 35 years ago, but i think my first VCR had more options than this.

Repeating a Program Record, daily, weekly, etc, SHOULD NOT BE A MAJOR ISSUE, just a CHECK BOX.

I thought i was buying a PREMIUM PRODUCT… not one that a Tuner 1/10th the price does a better job.

We buy technology to make work EASIER, not to MAKE MORE WORK. You do not think through your technology to cover the proper options and BACIC NEEDS of the user. And Referring me to your manual does not correct a dysfunctional product and software.

Keep justifying yourselves, but read about Adam Osborne, or Sony Betamax… SHORT LIVES, even with such great potential. Your app on Fire TV BOX resets so often, and outside of a PC that is the most powerful device to connect to a TV.

I can write a book or 2 on all i have been through.

BOTTOM LINE YOU NEED TO MAKE IT FUNCTIONAL, and so that a person can set it and forget it, and not have to daily maintain the schedule, because you do not allow simple function, Record this Program DAILY or WEEKLY at this time, or later, should it change from a normal programming time, as sometime 60 minutes comes on at 6:30 or 7:00 and not 6pm. This i NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, go to WWW.tvguide.com and that i WHAT WE WANT, and click it and say record once, weekly, daily, etc. SIMPLE.

Your first problem is you are trying to use TWO (2) 5 TB hard drives with the Tablo. It only supports one USB HDD.

1 Like

Just googled it… to get to the thread… … did not see a year… but is even more sorry story that my $33 tuner 2TB does a better job.

Also you think the Fire TV box is the most powerful box to connect to a TV beside a PC? Have you heard of the NVIDIA Shield? Or the Apple TV 4?

And which Fire TV box? The 1st gen or new 2nd gen?

1 Like

I agree, the manual recording feature where you set a daily recording at a set time would accomplish exactly what the poster is calling an issue.

1 Like

DUHHHH… I HAVE 3 TABLO UNITS… is why they sell their subscription for MULTIPLE DEVICES… I would have purchased only ONE more 4tuner Tablo if it had been in stock at Amazon, but it was not, so i got 2 2 Tuner and 2 5tb hd… What the heck, should i ONLY BUY ONE?? and BY THE WAY WELCOM TO 2016 IT IS A 5TB USB DRIVE, and they even make 6TB but Tablo does not support them… your comment is off the wall, of course I’m using a USB drive, or it would not work.

You have 3 Dual tuner Tablos? You know other places than just Amazon sell Tablo units?

Best Buy, Newegg, and you can even buy directly from Tablo themselves. I know they had stock issues over the holiday season, likely from increased sales, but there was always one seller that had the Quad tuner in stock. See here:

https://www.tablotv.com/store/

1 Like

Last time i saw Steve Jobs, was at the Apple 1983 Sales meeting, in Hawaii and we discussed our previous employer. NO I WOULD NOT BUY AN APPLE TV, and Apple’s software has gone down hill, greatly, as they try to control the user. I am old enough to sync when i want when Apple determines they want to sync. They have gone down hill greatly since early Mac days. Dont believe me, ask Andy Hertzfeld, who wrote and developed the Mac ROM and a number of products over the years. He now is at Google.

Im Not Familiar with NVIDIA Shield, but the new Amazon Fire Box blows away Roku, and THEY LISTEN TO THE USER as they have been adding MIcro SIM CARDS to devices.

Apple TV does not give me millions of products, and thousands of free movies and 2 day free shipping and 5% back when using the Amazon.com card.

So is a lot or reasons to use Amazon.

But Amazon allows up to 256Gig Micro Sim, has a fast processor, and best customer service and support in the business.It is a Amazon 2nd Gen.

Hey folks…

@melee - If you have specific issues you’d like us to address or that you need assistance with, you’re welcome to email us anytime at support@tablotv.com.

1 Like

I got my first in August based on new software to allow 5tb coming soon.

I buy from Amazon, they are the largest onLine seller, and they give best service support, shipping and add on’s in the business. Plus usually the best prices.

I was told there was a special coming out, for xmass and was nothing to brag about, and i wanted DVR and the 5tb upgrade had shipped so i bought what was available, and just figured that 10Tb on line had its benefits even though i wanted one device. Also with the Amazon Card you can do 5% cash back or 6-12 months 0% finance.

Not keeping Amazon supplied, just shows their sales, ranks about with their software. I would think they would have kept them well supplied during the Christmas Early Sale Days, as got a good deal on the 5tb drives… and picked up a 4th for my WRT1900AC which if your upgrading routers is a kick ass router, and works nice as a network storage too…

make the programming scheduling FUNCTIONAL.
Set for Daily, weekly, etc like normal recording, backup or technology products…

SIMPLE… USE THE PRODUCT YOURSELF and you would be a little bitter too… or maybe you have only 6 channels, I have 85 and what i am addressing is normal for any type of programming be it backup or recording.

Scheduling is Scheduling. Be it Backup’s, or a timer to the outside light. The way it is set up, you have to go over it every day to turn off the ones you do not want to record. A real baby sitting routine.

The nice thing about 5TB is one can do BINGE WATCHING, like we all do on netflix… and watch several shows in a row,

In programming, one must take the "Lazy Suzan"approach and keep turning it to look at everyones needs and point of views, so that it is inclusive of everyone needs. make a win win.

It is very disheartening to spend so much money on a device and not see such simple features. just like instant recording, had become common on VCR’s and DVR’s where you can just hit record. button and it start and a dialog pups up 30 60 90 minutes etc… my $33 dvd doe that. sometimes is nice to just capture a news item, or a report. These were standard things of the past devices.

Is your shift key broken or something? It seems to be being used at random.

1 Like

At the end of the day, you inferred a superior product a product with one tuner with a terrible guide that uses manual recording functions which are included in the Tablo.

People use this forum to make purchasing decisions and/or troubleshoot issues. You are a negative presence which is adding poor uninformed information.

Please leave.

1 Like

ON TOPIC… YOU TELL ME…

YOU GO TO www.tvguide.com set to Broadcast TV 60602 Zip…

TELL ME HOW TO SET UP TABLO’s to Record two weeks from now while i am on vacation ??

What good is a $150 Program Guide if you give it to me a few days at a time, and you do not allow me to choose Daily, Weekly, etc…

IS THIS HOW YOU BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER?? YOU HAVE TO SET IT UP EVERY DAY?? and manually add all the data?? not much difference with how you have set up for scheduling.

TV GUIDE is the standard, and the DVR is suppose to liberate us not bind us up.

No one is thinking of daily life and practical usage, and such things as VACATION…

I don’t think i am asking too much. Just the same functionality we have had and used for years in a multitude of products.

1 Like

There is 2 weeks of guide info on the Tablo, assuming you have subscribed to the guide and it is updated. You select a show and you set it to record new or all shows. You however, cannot say record this show everyday. But if the show is new everyday or just shows everyday you can set that. I don’t think I understand what issue you are having

1 Like

Critical thinking, I believe.

1 Like

Well if the answer is as I described above then it is a non issue. If it is a, I want to record a specific show at a specific time everyday because it is on 3 times a day, that is a whole other thing. However, it should pick that up if it is new, if it is not then it should still pick it up if you have record all…

Look at the example i give above. go to tvguide.com and you will see 2 weeks of Program Guide. They may have 2 weeks of data, if you have selected the show to record you can get access to the 2 weeks. But if i record the PBS evening news at 6pm it probably rebroadcast 10-15 times on 11 different channels.

So say RECORD NEW?? well NEW IS RELATIVE.

Now want to record the news, and bushiness report, Charlie Rose and you start having your all these errors of recording because ever night it updates and adds a day, and adds more shows that overlap, thus causing conflicts. maybe this was only made for country folk with 2 tv stations.

I have 85.

Now there are many new stations carrying programs in syndication, and they get recorded.

It is a huge mess, and you would not back up your computer this way, TV GUIDE has not worked this way for the last 60 years, and i think it is only appropriate to have a program repeat daily in a time slot.