Does anyone know how to migrate DB on harddrive from old tablo to a new replacement tablo?

If you set a manual recording to record daily at a specific time it will continue to record daily past the 2 weeks. You don’t have to re-configure the manual recording every 2 weeks. It will go on for months and months and months.

He is mad because the guide only looks 14 days out, but recommends you get the Homeworx box that doesn’t even go that far out and doesn’t program shows - just timeslots.

1 Like

You know you can check don’t record duplicates in settings and then you will only have one. As for different channels that may be something different, but I thought it handled that, but @TabloTV would have to respond.

85 channels is a ton of channels. I do have probably close to that in my area, but have never added them all to Tablo.

“PBS evening news at 6pm it probably rebroadcast 10-15 times on 11 different channels.”, So do you have 11 different channels of PBS?

Just trying to understand fully.

AND COST $33.00 NOT THE $286.99 I PAID FOR THE 4 TUNER Tablo.

I am mad because i have to physically monitor and cancel all the rebroadcast of programs every day because they do not allow me to choose a day and time to repeat, daily, weekly etc for a program.

EASY FEATURE. STANDARD in Scheduling programs no matter what your scheduling. Just like setting an Alarm Clock on your cell.

SIMPLE…

And saying they give you 2 weeks of data is only relative if you have the program scheduled.

Want to see 2 weeks at a time, go to tvguide.com go to pbs.org. they show you the advanced weeks of programming.

I should be able to set it and fogey it for most of my needs, and not monitor it evey day to delete excess repeat programs, and the Feature they give to not repeat is a GLOBAL applied feature, and is really not functional if your dealing with lots of shows, and maybe you did not catch a episode last year that is repeating this year and is new to you, but is not a “NEW”

I have 3 stations with 10 or 11 channels for PBS. and there are some PBS shows now being syndicated off of PBS, so they get recorded too

Ok, so if the show is exactly the same, a new show daily on multiple channels, it should only record one if you have do not record duplicates checked in settings. Someone else verified this for me.

Is there a reason then you added the multiple PBS stations to your guide? You don’t need to.

YES you got the idea now… and i have to go delete programs from being recorded. the do not record duplicates is a dysfunctional feature.

There can be an episode that is NOT NEW, but maybe new to you… so if you check that, it does for everything globally with all programs. Not even thought through as to the ramifications of using it.

They really just need to add record this daily, to a given program, in a time slot. So you set up a schedule that works and do not have to go delete the dozens of recordings added to your schedule.

Yes they are now syndicating PBS program on NON pbs stations, and then you if you have record all new, well you get the new Spanish too…

Maybe a good way for me to practice spanish, but the idea is SET IT AND FOGET IT.

I have channels from Toronto and Buffalo, so definitely 2 different markets, and if I say Record New for a show and I have the Do not record duplicates checked, it only records the New episode from one channel even though the new episodes air on 2 channels that week. Both channels have the episode marked as New in the Tablo guide but only one records.

This is of course for new prime time shows, not syndicated shows which can’t have “new” episodes. They’ve all aired at least once already in the past.

Are you kidding me??

Do you think they show the same shows on all 11 pbs Stations??

They have different programming on the different stations…

Some of it like News repeats on many of the stations.

I also have 2 CBS stations… and if i record one on the CBS Decades 2.2 channel and they fill some time in the middle of the night with a Decades 2.2 program on CBS 2.1

Rick Bayless Mexico One Plate at a Time gets repeated on an ABC Lives Well channel.

I can go on and on all day long.

The reality is when you do a program, you do it to accommodate all situations. This is just unacceptable Scheduling, no matter what it is applied to.

Repeat TIME & SHOW Daily & Weekly is as OLD as the VCR, and there is a vast amount of programming out there, and many of the channels are owned or affiliated with other broadcasters, so you can get repeats of syndicated shows, from other stations.

This is really very simple.

Well there are some limitations as you have found. I would suggest if you wish to have new features that you put those in the feature request section https://community.tablotv.com/c/feature-requests

I understand your frustration and hope that you post the specific request in that area.

One of the things you mentioned of, record a show on a specific channel at a specific time I believe has been asked in the past. But, your case with so many channels makes the typical answer of use manual recording very difficult to do.

I will add that Tablo is very supportive of the community and do listen to the users and have added a lot of features that have been asked for, they are not all done right away, but eventually.

Now this last thing is not said to make you upset, but saying things in anger is not going to get you very far here. Again, not trying to upset you, it is just the way the posts are coming across sometimes.

If you do not hear from @TabloTV or a specific Tablo employee then I would say just don’t respond unless you find the responses helpful.

Just my 2 cents :wink:

Yes the daily or weekly scheduled recording you once did with a VCR is possible on the Tablo using the manual recording option. It functions exactly like a VCR if that’s how you want it to function.

Have you even tried this option yet?

GREAT IDEA… if i did not pay $150 for the TV GUIDE service … the idea is to have shows listed and click or scroll

my DVD DVR in the basement operates how i say, and so has every recording device i have had for years. daily, M-F Weekly has been a standard scheduling option for many years on most devices.

It is easy.

making me have to do manual input defeats buying he Subscription service, her it is select and hit record… just need to add a few more buttons daily, weekly, M-F

If i do it all Manual, then when i select 60 minutes all i get is my info i typed, and not the show info that comes with the subscription and the Guide. So it is the tail wagging the Dog…

You had one month of free subscription service to try out the features included in the subscription, if it didn’t work for what you wanted, you don’t need the subscription. Why did you buy the lifetime subscription then?

The manual recordings option, which functions exactly a VCR, is free. You can set up manually recordings without the subscription service.

I have a suggestion that may help you deal with the inconvenience and make the situation more manageable if you would like to stick with Tablo despite the fact that it is not the perfect solution for your viewing habits.

First, take the primary PBS network that you watch the most (WTTW 11.1 for example), and put that on one Tablo. Remove all of the other PBS networks from that Tablo. Setup your recordings for PBS 6pm news, Charlie Rose, Business Report - all of the standard PBS shows that you want to record from the main PBS network on that one Tablo. Make sure don’t record duplicates is checked. Use Record New if it applies.

Then, put the other PBS networks that you actually watch (you can probably get rid of the Spanish PBS if you don’t speak Spanish) on the other Tablos and you can set the shows that are on those networks but not on the main PBS on the other Tablos. If you still have repeats recording - further divide the PBS networks on the remaining two Tablos.

You can also do this with 2.1 and 2.2 (put them on different Tablos) to avoid recording duplicates. You can do it with ABC and LiveWell as well if you have a lot of issues with that.

For the rerun channels - make sure you don’t have multiple copies of the same network. For example, I get several copies of MeTV and they all show the same thing at the same time. Get rid of the extras as they will only slow the Tablo down. Most likely, if different rerun channels are airing the same show, they are probably airing different episodes, so there won’t be as many repeats - but if there are, separate those as well.

I realize this is not a fix or a permanent solution, but it is something that may improve the situation while you wait for a fix or while you look for a product that better meets your needs.

1 Like

But how do you set up scheduled manual recording with the Roku?

@Slicktop - Manual recordings isn’t a feature on Roku yet, but it’s in all the other apps.

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-how-setting-manual-recording/

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply and that is what I suspected because I tried every button to no avail. I sure hope that is on the short list of new features for the Roku app.

@TabloSupport I have recently upgraded from a 2 Tuner to a 4 Tuner Tablo and would like to migrate my recordings and external hard drive. Is the process to still work with you to enable a successful migration?

Nevermind, I was able to follow the directions found here https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/213345486-Moving-your-recordings-to-a-new-Tablo
and successfully migrate all of my recordings.

2 Likes