Commercial Skip Not working

In theory even if you had bad reception but the same exact recording time as another user with the same exact show from the same TV station you could use that persons timeline. This could help with the failures due to poor reception.

If the recording times were different of course that would make it far less useful. I suspect with the increase in users the chances of finding a compatible match would increase as well.

allegedly poor reception

Yes I agree. I’ve not seen a single instance of pixelization yet and I’ve had failed due to poor reception issues on some shows. We’ve watched those shows and they were perfect.

This is a bit off-topic, but here’s an interesting situation where CS did work.

The other night, my power went off for a couple of minutes, just as Survivor was scheduled to start recording.

Once my Tablo rebooted and got itself together, it started recording about 5-7 minutes into the program. Due to no fault of it’s own, it missed the very beginning of Survivor. No big deal. I was pleased that it didn’t just skip the whole program.

The interesting thing is that CS processed the shortened program and did it correctly!

CS is getting better all the time, but still only about 90% correct, when it does work.
That said, I see CS as a luxury feature, not a necessity.
If Nuvyyo makes the decision to start charging for CS, I’ll just go back to skipping commercials manually.

In part, to declare “poor reception” - I would really want more information than just green dots from a moment in time… so I could supposedly remedy the situation.

Poor by the tablo’s standards, you need to read your feature request section! and provide real time feed back to signal strength and quality (SNR?)

otherwise “poor reception” is a BS excuse if you can’t measure it, from the tablo’s perspective.

Instead of “poor reception” they could term it “reception anomaly” or “recording anomaly” but that would beg even more questions.

1 Like

Well, Commercial Skip Anomaly, would, unfortunately be accurate. Maybe prefix oops first time, then oopsie next, escalate to uh-oh Commercial Skip Anomaly

Ultimately, “I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that” you really don’t want to argue with that!

Nothing a shotgun won’t fix.

Finally turned off the commercial skip feature, just doesn’t work! Skips over commercials too soon, resumes too far past the commercial, sometimes doesn’t skip over commercials when it claims “commercial skip ready”, or doesn’t skip any commercials!

I doubt this feature will ever become reliable!

After their last CS software update, it seemed to be working very well for the major networks.

The problem has always been sub-channels where the commercial appears to the CS software as one continuous commercial of 120 seconds or more.

The one program that I record that occasionally has this problem is “The First 48 hours” from the Mystery channel. They like to embed 3 or more commercials in one continuous container.

1 Like

I installed my Tablo in early February and it worked fine. Then there was a software update and it doesn’t work now. This feature was why I bought Tablo over other DDRS.

I am paying for the service. Until this is fixed I feel I should get a credit or something.

Just tried resetting it and the commercial skip won’t even turn on now.

It has to be something with the update.

Hi Mike - did you subscribe to the premium feature of comm skip? As of Feb 6 (I think?) It came out of free beta and became an optional paid feature.

Oh sorry - I see u said u are paying for the service! Oops. Nevermind me then :slight_smile:

Please verify in your subscription settings that you have paid for commercial skip. It appears that you are not subscribed.

Which app(s) are you seeing this behaviour on? If you’re still seeing this, give us a call at 1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688) or send us a ticket and our team can take a look at your account and subscription.

The boss isn’t happy. Premium service, Masked Singer no commercial skip and no preview thumbnails, flawless recording otherwise. Dual internet connections and everything on battery backup. The lack of commercial skip I could excuse even though I’m paying for it, the lack of both is not acceptable. I’ll wait on the forum plants to come defend and blame something about my setup.

I am not going to blame god for this one. No thumbnails is very weird. I would open a support ticket directly with Tablo so they can look at your logs. Maybe you have little gremlins who drank some water in the unit.

If it’s a real bug, then they’ll have to look at the logs to see why thumbnail creation didn’t happen.

1 Like

If you’re just looking for attention… ok :eye: :eye: :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want assistance with your impeccable setup Open a Support Ticket and Submit a Request

2 Likes

And now everyone is going to call you and I trolls lol

1 Like