Can't watch anything on Chrome browser

I am having the same issue… Circling while playing live/recording and nothing happened. I tried to uninstall Chrome, reboot and reinstall but in vain.

So far I’ve tried with Win7 IE10/Chrome/Firefox(FIrefox was a new install), all the same.

This also happens on Mac 10.11 with Chrome. I didn’t try with Safari.

@TabloSupport, this is a really bad bug. Is there a way to mitigate this issue?

Safari on OSX works fine… I’ve been using it for now.

Have you tried rebooting your router, then Tablo, then compuer in that order?

I tried with Safari this morning, and yes it works. I still don’t understand why this doesn’t work on my Chrome(s) across Mac/Windows.

I did not reboot router/Tablo/computer in this specific order since I don’t think router should have much to do with it. Tablo/compuer have been rebooted couple of times but it didn’t help Chrome.

Why not follow @theuser86’s suggestion? It solves many but not all of the problems people post here? No harm in trying it.

Yup.

I also use reserved IP addresses for all my devices… (except the phones)… my devices are on hardwired connections not wifi as well.

I reserved my ip for tablo as well. Tried to reboot with the order, but still not working.

Now that I have Safari working and one Chrome on brand new Win10 working, this should have nothing to do with network.

This morning I tried with a new Firefox install on Mac, and I got the following:

Your browser does not support playback for Tablo video streams. If you have disabled Adobe Flash, enable it and try again. Otherwise, try copying the URL for the video into a video player on your computer:

So looks like for some reasons my tablo is still sending Flash like @JackK suggested.

Version numbers looks ok

Tablo Device: 2.2.6
HTML Application: 1.0.23-597

Oddly I tried it on a fresh chromium install (chrome public build) and got that same FLASH message … seems they might have had a regression with the web interface to using FLASH over HTML5…

I was able to isolate the problem to this: the m3u8 link doesn’t play on my Chrome, but it works with Safari alone. I suppose the HTML5 player on my Chrome isn’t working.

I tried to inspect the DOM object, and it seems there’s something funky with my HLS player.

id_ “hls-player”
isReadyOnInitFinish_ true
isReady_ false

Will have to wait for @TabloSupport guys to see if there’s a better solution for this.

1 Like

I just checked, Recordings and Live TV both use the HTML5 player on Chrome in Windows 7. What version of the HTML Application is my.tablotv.com pulling in your Chrome browser? What does the UA say?

UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36

UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.27 Safari/537.36

UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.80 Safari/537.36

Still getting the Flash error and no live TV stream.

Not sure if this helps but when I try to load the live tv stream, it looks like it may try to find a player and then chooses “videojs-mangui-hlsjs” which is a Flash player. JavaScript console shows:

settings: Object
jwplayer: Object
licenseKey: “REDACTED
theoplayer: Object
loaderUrl: “//cdn.theoplayer.com/latest/REDACTED/theoplayer.loader.js”
videojs: Object
which: “videojs-mangui-hlsjs”

There are also 2 JS errors when the page tries to load Chrome extensions:
chrome-extension://boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd/cast_sender.js
chrome-extension://dliochdbjfkdbacpmhlcpmleaejidimm/cast_sender.js
Both “Failed to load resource”

We’re finding out the sad truth that it’s amateur night over at Tablo.

I wouldnt be that harsh…

Then you may not be paying attention. If wrestling with an appliance that doesn’t work as advertised for months and months is your idea of fun (and I admit, it can be appealing), then you rightfully disagree. However, this is a consumer electronics company we’re talking about - if their target audience were comprised less of people who are okay with tinkering, they’d be out of business. The problem is, they’re growing. It is, by every measure, amateur night @ Tablo.

For the most part by in large I am very happy with how the TABLO works and it works very well in my home … I know others have had problems but I can not speak to their specific situations… I can only speak for myself and for the most part I am very happy with both the hardware and the service I have got from the Tablo folks… And yea… I have been paying attention tyvm. For those keeping score there ARE worse alternatives out there… if anyone is not happy then sell your device and chose another product… life is too short to get all hot and bothered and waste mental energy on a “thing” … fortunately we live in a free market society with lots of choices and alternatives and one may work better for others than the Tablo and there is nothing wrong with that.

There’s no need for me to sell my device. There are consumer protection laws for this sort of thing. The manufacturer, if in the US would be forced to issue refunds. I’m hopeful the same is true up in the great white north. I like the hardware too. It’s the software that’s terrible - and gets worse every day. Without the software, the hardware doesn’t work. Apparently, you have the exact same setup as the one configuration Tablo apparently tests in-house before they ship.

Good luck, Adam. I hope you receive the help you need for all your problems.

We do have Flash enabled but only for browsers that don’t support HTML5 but it looks like we’re getting some false positives on the detection.

@mikeh - Can you right click and hit ‘Inspect Element’. In the console can you type Modernizr.safari and let us know what it says?

1 Like