Can we get an update on how the Beta testing is going?

Thank you! You made my day!

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/sneak-peek-ce-week-ny-new-features-more-storage/

Glad to hear that the features users are looking for are forthcoming, but can we actually get an update please? I’m trying to be patient… but It’s not so easy to sell to the family!

I have to say, I’m a little bummed out. @TabloSupport was out here, practically begging people to sign up for the beta. I jumped on the chance, and didn’t hear back for several days. When I nudged them was told “thanks for your interest, but we’re full.”

So… with such handsome participation, when can we expect to see the fruits of those labors?
Just looking for a realistic answer.

Also, please put me first in line for any and all additional betas. :smile:

They said they were on track for a July release. There hasn’t been another update since then that I have seen.

July… but …

… sorry. Couldn’t resist. :wink:

2 Likes

Just got the update on this release from the powers that be. There is still a potentially gating issue with a subset of hard drives. We now have one of those drives in house to test which we’ll be doing over the next day or so in order to resolve this issue. Plus there is a long weekend in Canada coming up and we don’t want to release before it in case support is required.

This is why we have no choice but to push into August. We’re hopeful this gating issue can be resolved or at least mitigated so we can move forward with all of the great updates we’ve got on deck.

Thanks for your understanding & patience guys & gals.

3 Likes

That weekend will be even longer in this American household, I can guarantee that. :frowning:

They are now officially “off track” for a July release.

What drives are you having problems with, so we can order larger disk and avoid the problem ones? I know that I have already ordered the one you tested in house with no problems, but others might want some options to know what to avoid.

I kind of like the idea of releasing on the weekend, since that’s when most have more time but ONLY if Tablo Support could at least work 4 hours that Saturday or be off on Thursday, and work Thursday hours on Saturday - only for weekend of new firmware release.

Releasing firmware over weekend = not good decision

3 Likes

I said ONLY if support works on Saturday. If Support is not working on the weekend = DO NOT update on weekend.

Honestly they can send it out anytime they want… But, it is us who decide to actually install :stuck_out_tongue:

And most people (me included) want the lastest update as soon as it is released, until after it is installed and you find a problem. Then it is “why did I upgrade when I KNEW support was gone until Monday”.

1 Like

@TabloSupport IF I get a Fire TV Stick, how do I get added to the beta for it too? Since I’m already on the beta for Roku, Android, and Tablo Firmware? I’m going to get a Fire TV Stick, so when I travel, I can watch my Tablo / Netflex whereever I am on a TV.

Hey… Me first! :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’d all ready have the firmware, so the new firmware in the Tablo might not work using old client software, or maybe some of the new features might not work without the client firmware.

Instead of getting the FireTV stick from Amazon, I got it from Best Buy, because I am leaving on a trip on Monday. I need to plug it into my TV, so it will have been paired in order for Tablo Connect to work.

@TabloSupport Will my new Fire TV Stick run with the beta 2.2.3 firmware? I ordered online and will be picking it up later today.

Yes, the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick with the offical app will work with the beta firmware. Just you will not have any of the beta features. But you can definitely watch recordings and live TV.

thanks @theuser86
I can understand me not getting the current beta for the Fire TV since it is near release time. @TabloTV or @TabloSupport can you add me to the Fire TV beta for the future betas (and current if possible).

Thanks!

^^ Me too, please. I promise I won’t gripe, even on a weekend! :grinning:

@TabloTV How is the new testing going? It’s been about a week since the last update. Is the HD issue resolved? Any updates on the release? Thanks.