Apple TV Beta Testers?

Sorry to dash your hopes guys. I just wanted to post this for @TabloTV wasn’t sure where else to put it.

@MotobikeMan - Tx for sharing! Our team was actually at the event where these were recorded. :slight_smile:

In the Media Playback epsiode of the Tech Talks, it talks about HLS. They require (though you can put in exceptions) HTTPs for streaming. Will you be changing the Tablo to conform or will you just put in an exception? Just curious.

Also, to get trickplay (scrubbing forward or reverse) to work, i-frames are needed. For recorded shows, there are iframes playlists (the scrubbing does work in an AVPlayerViewController), but for Live shows scrubbing doesn’t seem to be working for me. Does the creation of thumbnails that you do post-recording of a show also create the iframes and thus there is no iframes playlist during a Live show?

Thanks.

@BaronKen - Yes, we will have an exception for Tablo streams since we want to maintain support for as many streaming partners as posssible.

As for the the i-frames playlist, it is indeed only generated by the Tablo post-recording, so live TV will not get them.

So does that mean there will be no scrubbing for Live shows? Or are you working on implementing your own controls and not using the built-in AVPlayerViewController controls since it needs iframes to scrub?

@BaronKen - We’re not planning to do that, at least not anytime soon. It could theoretically be possible but it would require a lot of work on the back-end to make it happen.

Ok. Thanks for answering.

Any news on a release date for a native Apple TV app??? Just checking…

Still snowing here!

The good news is that things are shaping up really well. We’ve been doing some internal Alpha testing on the key features of the first release and we think you’ll all be pleased with the finished result.

5 Likes

Woohoo! Alpha testing…next step is? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sign me up as a beta tester! :wink: I have an Apple Dev account and have the TestFlight app.

I want to beta test apple tv as well.

i am dying for the tablo beta. eta? i want to beta now

Happy to beta test… I have an Apple Developer account, Test Flight and new Apple Tv ready and waiting…

Get in line…:grinning: lol

I understand why they are waiting, TabloTV should wait till the latest tvOS update that is landing today. I’d rather it be solid out the gate.

I would be more than happy to Beta Test since I have uncovered several issues and reported them to Tablo. I have 2 new Apple TV’s with the voice control and Test Flight app. Really looking forward to an Apple TV controlled environment eliminating the iPad or iPhone interface.

TestFlight installed, willing to beta test. Looking forward for the new app.

So is this turning into the unofficial Apple TV App Beta sign up thread? Add me to the list. :slight_smile:

Count me in!

I am absolutely in when this beta rolls around.:heart_eyes: