Apple TV Beta Testers?

Before the “spring” announcement, I moved a little too quickly to switch to the Apple TV. I was hoping for an earlier release which admittedly, I should have waited, the Nexus Player did perform well.

Now that new episodes are being recorded, I’m trying to find an interim solution.

To watch Live TV, we just go back to the TV tuner as others have suggested.

I’ve been having success with the airplay solution. Plex works, but not well enough. No experience with VLC, but seems like a wonky solution at best. Unfortunately, if Airplay doesn’t work, bypassing the tablo is prob your best bet. Here’s hoping spring arrival stays a spring arrival . . .

Really only AirPlay, Plex, and VLC that I know if. Unfortunately we are in a holding pattern until @TabloTV moves. Hopefully a Beta will be available prior to the general release, but who knows.

Thanks All, I’m going to try and lower my recording quality, I’m hoping that helps with the Chromecast issues (using the original chromecast). I’m considering getting the new chromecast but the specs don’t look all that better.

The reason to use the chrome cast is we wouldn’t have to rely on my iPhone all the time and can use the household Nexus 9.

I will say, Airplay is fairly reliable, maybe I should have gotten a iPad mini, the $200 Nexus 9 was too good to pass up though.

I have used the Chromecast successfully with the 720p 3 Mbps recording quality.

I assume you returned to Nexus Player then? I would recommend buying the NP over th new Chromecast because the NP has a dedicated Tablo app AND it can do all the casting things the Chromecast can do, best of both worlds.

1 Like

Right now I dropped it to 5 Mps, I was at 8 mps, I’ll try 3.

I gave it to a family member thinking I won’t need it since the Tablo Apple TV app would be out soon. Again, my mistake for making the switch too early. Plus I’ve got the other half accustomed to the Apple TV so I wouldn’t want to switch again, I’m on my Third device (Roku, Nexus player, Apple TV), I’m already pushing it, don’t want to jump back and forth again.

The Nexus player is a great device, using voice search was nice as well. I just really enjoy using the Apple TV.

3 Likes

You are right. This Channel app is a real good player for live TV viewing. It is lightning fast, can record while in pause, do fast forward and reverse. Guys developping our Tablo ATV app should definitively get a look at it.
regards,

We have 4 of the New Apple TVs at the house. Willing to beta test. Plex also running on it just fine. Table through Plex is not quite the same.

Airplay from a MAC? Set up AppleTV in conference room mode and play from PC?

Hi…first time caller, long time listener. Big fan of SNOWCAT! (shoutout)

I would like to be on the list of beta testers for the new APPLE TV app. I don’t like to airplay, because it will cut off my show if I switch apps on the phone, so I’ve been simply using the FireTV Stick for stand alone access of my programs.

Please send me the beta (wink wink) and please reply with a funny pic.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Table please be the first to do live tv on the Apple TV . Please! Ohh and let me beta

1 Like

I have fans? :blush:

4 Likes

There’s a reason why you have your own meme. You have to be pretty cool to have that.

4 Likes

Just wanted to say Hi, its been a while…

:wink:

20" + of snow this week at Tablo HQ says it’s still very much winter.

3 Likes

Not everywhere… plus beta’s come out usually for testing before official launch

I tease…sorry…I know its spring, just miss using my Tablo on the TV.

Every time someone posts in this thread I get momentarily excited . . . and then a part of me dies . . .

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m with you, every time I see that little orange triangle inside of that white square inside of that blue circle, I’m like woot woot today is the day.