Apple TV Beta Testers?

+1 Can’t wait for the Tablo-y goodness!

I hope they’re getting closer to fixing Roku, so we can get our app before Christmas :slight_smile:

I bought the AirBrowser app and it works great! I am now able to use it to connect to the tablo via Chrome. It will definitely suffice till the app is available :wink:

When you guys are ready, sign me up! I’ve got experience beta testing software in the Apple universe!

1 Like

I’m also happy to be a beta tester. I work in the technology space for a living and build enterprise applications for web, mobile, etc. Hopefully I could help you with this.

Sign me up too. I work with an Apple game development team and project manage healthcare SW applications for my day job.

I’m pretty much holding on my purchase of an AppleTV on news of a beta for the Tablo!!

1 Like

^^^^^^^

Same here

I purchased, pretty much knowing there will be a Tablo app… But man, its amazing how integral Tablo has become to my TV experience. AirPlay is working in the mean time, but I am certainly chomping at the bit…

I couldnt deal with airplay and having to have a phone/tablet nearby hence the move to roku as it had a native app… I will be very happy to switch back to appletv once we have the app for it.

@ericgus
you know you only need to use your iphone/ipad in order to start the show? Once it starts you can use your apple TV remote or the extra remote you paired with if you have the new ATV to skip the commercials.

I’d rather use my ipad for 15 seconds every 30min / 1 hour to start a show than to use a device like the Roku that doesnt work well with Tablo, at least from my experience.

Yup … fully aware of how it works… Half the time I don’t have my phone or ipad handy… it was more a bother than it was worth…

PUT ME IN (when it will be available)… I found the airplay between the new appleTV, iPhone and Tablo is kinda weird. It won’t resume or it goes to 0:00 when I fast foward the ads.

So I just got the Apple TV, found a deal for $25 bucks off (would have been $35 if it wasn’t for tax). Decided to jump on it. Still going to hold off on switching but maybe I’ll set it up for kicks. The Nexus for right now is working, just doesn’t have volume control or on/off capabilities.

I hope apple fixes the text input issues.

This was an awesome suggestion. I purchased a “gift card” from eBay as you mentioned, and I’m getting commercial-free Hulu for around $2.25 a month!

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you!

1 Like

I know we aren’t supposed to ask for ETA. But I just want to get a sense of timing. Do we expect the Beta or app to be ready in 2015?

Agree - it would be nice to at least get a general idea of timing expected.

Ok, so I had two items holding me back on a full switch to the apple tv 4th gen.

1. A case for the remote (it costs $80 to replace, I’m getting a case)
  2. The Tablo TV app. (I know about airplay, I’m the only iOS user so that won’t work)

I just ordered the case. I’m ready for the Tablo TV app please :smile: :raised_hand:

We’re crankin’ on it!

5 Likes