Apple TV Beta Testers?

How much is this said Hulu per month though?

@theuser86 Dirt cheap. $12/month through hulu, or about $1.50/month by buying hulu gift cards on eBay. Iā€™m stocked up until 2019 for less than $55. I only use tablo for live TV, same-day viewing now, and recording movies.

1 Like

I am willing to pay the $12 for the commercial free experience (definitely worth it) --itā€™s great to be able to just watch without even the distraction of having to fast forward ā€“ but youā€™re right, you can get it for even less if you buy the gift cards.

The fact that in addition to broadcast, it has Nick and Cartoon Network shows for the kids, plus Comedy Central and shows from a number on other networks and movies ā€“ makes it a really great value IMO.

The thing I donā€™t like is it isnā€™t consistent when shows from various networks become available. Some are next day, some are not.

I heard horror stories that people on ebay selling Hulu 12 month subscription that was purchased from stolen credit card. The code would work perfectly in the beginning, but once the CC owner report the fraudulent charge, Hulu will terminate the subscription immediately. I certainly hope this wonā€™t happen to you, but also want the potential buyer beware of the risk :wink:

I have been buying hulu subscriptions off ebay for the last few years. I only buy from sellers with thousands of positive reviews. Thanks for the warning though.

Picked up my new AppleTV yesterday and had a pleasant surprise. When watching Tablo via airplay, the remote can be used to forward through commercials and there are thumbnails! There were no thumbnails on the old AppleTV interface. The new remote is very slick when forwarding through commercials, so the thumbnail previews show up rather nicely.

2 Likes

If you used your remote with the old Apple TV there were thumbnail or at least there was on mine.

Didnā€™t realize they added that. I got rid of my older appletv several months ago. There were no thumbnails back then.

They might be listed alphabetical order.

Please add me to the list. My Apple TV arrived yesterday.

Actually, I just noticed the fast forward previews the other day on my old Apple TV ā€“ so they must have added that feature in the latest update. Itā€™s a great feature.

1 Like

I noticed they came after the latest update as well. I didnā€™t see any announcement about it, but Iā€™ve been waiting for that once since I asked for it and they said it shouldnā€™t be too hard. So VERY glad to see it, and the experience on the new apple TV is stellar!

I got my Apple TV yesterday and finished setting it up. I wouldnā€™t mind helping out with some testing if you would add me to the list.

Any issues if other developers try to make our own 3rd party Apple TV app or offer support for live video (from Tablo unit) in a video app with custom interface? Has there been any progress on an API?

Yep - we added FFW preview support for Apple in 2.2.6. Itā€™s really intended for the NEW app but glad to hear itā€™s benefiting folks who havenā€™t shelled out for the new hardware.

1 Like

@TabloTV

I must confess something and I feel really dumb for it, but I never thought I could pause, rw or ffw from my remote while I was watching a show on my ATV from my iPad/iPhoneā€¦ Learned this during the weekend while browsing this forum.

As far as the preview goes, I see them np for something thatā€™s recorded, if the show is live and I rewind it I get no thumbnails.

Are we getting closer to an ETA on the newer apple TV app?

thx!

Are you guys supportive of third party devs adding support in our own apps? I am currently working on an video app and would love to add live TV support. Wanted to be sure before we wasted time on it and I need to find another Tablo for my engineer (the brains behind our project).

xxxx cccc xx cc

That would be up to the head honchos. Send a note to info@tablotv.com about what you have in mind and Iā€™ll make sure they receive it.

1 Like

Sent. Thank you.