Apple TV Beta Testers?

Gracias, can’t wait

I’m also waiting for this App. Do you think we’ll have a Beta this year ?.

Ha, Im sitting here with TestFight installed on my Apple TV just waiting… What has two thumbs and wants a Tablo app for Apple TV?

3 Likes

Im pretty much in the same boat…

PLEX appleTV app is out… now just holding for the Tablo app…

I am a Apple App Developer and would be honored to help beta test the New Tablo App…

Any idea when wen could test or see the new Apple 4th Gen App?

I wonder if we can see that App this month ??? :flushed:

So based on the responses, I think Tablo is going to stay tight lipped on timing. I hope things are going well but I think it’s going to take time. I’m exited that it’s in development, sooner the better

yep, I don’t think we will have it ready before a few weeks still.

I’m not very impressed with the new gen of Apple TV especially with the very limited apps we have accessible in Canada. I can’t even get a web browser on it so I’ve had it for over a month now and barely used it.

Would have been better with a Nexus Player it looks like, which would have been 4 times cheaper.

When it’s ready, please add me to the Beta list as well!!! Very Excited about this!

I actually have both at the moment (gadget guy problems). Here is a link where I compare the two. Overall, I’m going to switch to the Apple TV. I’m in the US so no app problems, hope that gets fixed up north. Do you really need a browser on your TV? I just don’t see myself using it.

Basically, the remote capabilities, fast and reliable performance, and potential to be well supported among app developers wins for my household. I’ll miss some things on the Nexus, plus it was so cheap. Luckily I got the apple tv for $25 off which helps.

1 Like

I would use the web browser to play my tablo recordings, just like I do on my PC w/ Chrome, but I agree an app is and will be more convenient.

I’m pretty confident ATV will get better for us Canadians but right now it seems like a pretty useless device because of the lack of “useful” apps.

So how is the Apple TV beta test going guys? I have my ATV standing by when it is ready.

We haven’t put out an Apple TV beta release yet. You guys will be the first to hear when we do :smile:

3 Likes

Maybe you’ll be ready in time for Christmas :wink:

My Remote has a case now, switched to Apple TV full time now. Not a fan of Airplay, we just switch inputs to LiveTV if there is something on. Most of what we watch is recorded.

Excited for its release, patiently (not really :smile: ) waiting.

1 Like

I have to say, its much better than it was on the old Apple TV. I too want a native app, but this is definitely a step up.

What a fantastic Christmas present idea! (ahem @TabloSupport ahem)

1 Like

I really wish Apple TV could support Chromecast some how. Google hit that project out of the park. I just want one device to do it all. Airplay seems like a low end version of Chromecast.

1 Like

So you want to send from your Apple TV to your Chrome cast? Wouldn’t you just switch inputs?

He wants Apple TV to support the Google Cast protocol. Meaning that apps that support Chromecast (Google Cast) could send content in the same manner to the Apple TV.

No, I’m talking about where I have Hulu on my iPhone or Lets say Nexus 9, and I hit the chromecast button and it starts playing on my Apple TV(some magical way that doesn’t exist now). My Device (iphone or Nexus 9) isn’t doing the work or mirroring. I know its not possible. Google just really hit that out of the park.