WiFi not working

@django363 Did you manage to get in touch with us? Feel free to send us a ticket if you haven’t.

No, I’ve had a ticket open since Friday evening. Since the hours are 5pm EST and I work until 8pm EST it’s a day delay in answering questions from support.

Currently the last question was whether or not it continues to blink after unplugging the ethernet and rebooting or if it becomes solid. It continues to blink indefinitely. Waiting to hear what that means.

If you unplug the Ethernet and it blinks slowly that means the Tablo has not made a connection to your router (aka the local network). It should be broadcasting a Tablo_XXXX WiFi at that time. You can connect to it via a device with a wireless device (say an iPad or laptop).

I know, that’s the ticket that is open, it does not and will not and never has broadcast an SSID. That’s what the ticket was.

@django363

Contact David at Tablo Support via the ticketing system. What you are experiencing is exactly what happened to my first unit. Mine would never broadcast the SSID no matter what I did. My second unit broadcast the SSID like it should and I could connect wirelessly. I never had an issue wired only wireless. I never did find out what the issue was, but customer service from David was excellent and he resolved the issue right away with an RMA. Have Tablo support reference my ticket for notes.

I got a solution!!! Once I unplugged the external hard drive i was able to setup and get our wireless network to display! finally!

1 Like

I actually did contact support… and they did a remote into my Tablo which had to be connected to my router by ethernet cable. They were able to fix the problem almost instantly. So I think the problem is that the Tablo GUI (the one I used was on my PC) and / or the Tablo mini-html-server are not as flexible as they could be (since the customer service rep had the tools…).