WiFi not working

@guck11 - no you shoudn’t lose recordings.

@PiX64

So my already recorded shows will stay if I factory reset.

But what about my shows I scheduled to record?  Will I have to go back and reschedule everything?

Yes, you would have to reschedule everything.

@snowcat

Thanks.  Didn’t know if the harddrive saved that info, but it sounds like it is stored on the Tablo internal storage.

Unfortunately that info is saved in the DB and from what i understand the DB is wiped when doing a factory reset.

@guck11 @PiX64 in my experience (once) a “long hold reset” does delete all your shows and schedules… But here’s the weird part… It took 24 hours. Right after the long hold rest I was interacting with my schedules and recordings, thinking all was cool… All I noticed was that the Tablo device name and channels where gone… The next day, everything was gone… 500GB of shows.

I would get the word straight from @TabloSupport on what happens.

I have done several long button press resets since I have been running different beta firmwares for Plex API. I have not once experienced an entire loss or any loss of my recordings.

@TabloSupport, any input?

@PiX64 @guck11 @Thumbs 

To clarify - quickly pressing and releasing the blue reset button down on the back right of the Tablo will perform an regular reboot. If you perform a factory reset on your Tablo - that is to say, holding down the reset button for 10 seconds (or until the LED turns solid) you will lose everything on your Tablo, and if your HD is connected, everything there will be wiped as well.

In regards to the Wifi setup issue on the 4-Tuner, we've found some new information here, and we've come to a resolution with everyone who's reported this issue. I've got a fairly clear queue right now - so nobody should be waiting for a response. If you'd like to follow up with me for more info on this, feel free to send me something directly at Support@Tablotv.com.

Thanks guck11. David has me all straightened out. All systems up and running now!

Ah ha. I guess I wasn’t doing long enough button presses… Good thing! Thanks @TabloSupport

Same problem here with tablo_xxxx not showing up. My quick tap on reset don’t work and I will try long hold reset now
The other problem I have is formatting Seagate USB powered harddrive quits in the middle of formate
Support you should have this entire reset step in the setup paper under trouble shooting or on you knowledge data base but you don’t
My grandmother(most people) don’t visit forums

@dave01568 Can you send me a ticket with your MAC address included?

http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Try long press and short press never get blue blinking light
Did manage to connect via wifi only buy if I lose power or disconnect from tabo or finish software update I get connection error or can’t find tablo
Also if I have Seagate attached nothing I do works

I noticed when I disconnect hard drive I get better results with setup . I guess Seagate backup plus 1TB DONT WORK

Now I get blue light when tapping and pressing 10 sec . I think the problem I’m getting stems from not waiting long enough on factory reset
Will try again today and allow reset time enough to do its thing so I don’t keep getting
@support Is there really a data base action on tablo end that needs time to reset my MAC address? Or something like that?

Ok I’m convinced it’s the tablo I tried everything even another router and a router factory reset as we’ll I have the netgear 3700
I sent a support ticket for a fix and possibly a replacement
I’ll keep you all informed
Any body know what format a USB powered hard drive has to be before connecting to tablo? Fat32?

You should not need to format the hard drive at all. Just let Tablo do it. If it doesn’t work, be sure you have the correct type of hard drive.  My first one (Seagate Backup Plus 2TB) didn’t work. I had to return it and  get the slim one. Check your model number in the “tested hard drive” thread. 

You all may have problems because you may have factory reset or something .
just put your tablo into heartbeat mode (3 clicks of reset in 1 sec) and submit a support request here:
http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Make sure you tell them that you want to put your tablo in heartbeat and give them MAC address that’s on a sticker under your tablo
They will remotely fix and your all set

From there on in don’t hold reset button for 10 sec or put it into heartbeat mode without them telling you to do so

Thanks @tablosupport for all your help =D>
For you guys here is a link to my tablo setup via Ethernet (wired)
You all know setup for wired and wireless are different

Wireless = tablet app connected to Tablo_xxxx in your network then finds your normal internet wifi then steps you through

Wired = don’t look for any wireless network just finds your tablo automatically and steps you through

http://youtu.be/LlBdCDfTeDk for wired setup

Will make wireless setup and detail explanation of modes and lights
video soon so subscribe for it

Hey @dave01568, thanks for the awesome video setup/review. Looks great!