Why didn't my show record?

I’m currently running the beta and tonight’s Big Bang Theory is not showing my recordings. It did show to be scheduled though.

None of my recorded shows recorded today even though they were shown on the scheduled and marked on the live stream as well. The Blind Spot, Castle, and Days of Our lives

I just checked my Tablo after one of my shows did not show up in the recordings section. I discovered exactly what you said, that the “meta.txt” file is missing from the folder of the show that is not showing up (Big Bang Theory).

The file does show up in the directory of the shows that are listed under recordings.

1 Like

Half of my shows that recorded last night show; the other half don’t. This is across iPad, iPhone, and roku. Shows on Fox and CW are not showing. Shows off CBS and NBC are showing.

I was in the iPad app and saw the channels lit red so the tuners were active.

I had the same problem. Fox programs did not record here…

I am having the same problems now. Last week, everything recorded like clockwork, but the last few days, some recordings don’t show up. For me, it has been Father Brown on Saturday (PBS), and Gotham (FOX) and Castle (ABC) on Monday. But it is not a consistent network thing as Minority Report recorded on FOX on Monday and Masterpiece Theater recorded on PBS on Sunday and Quantico recorded on ABC on Sunday.

Fortunately, I noticed it was happening on Monday (I could see the flashing network call letters but no recorded show thumbnail was available), so I could tune to those shows live and rewind back to the beginning while they were “recording” to see the show. Tonight, I won’t be home, so if things do not record, they will be lost to me.

I hope it gets fixed soon. I don’t know why it started for me so suddenly when it had been working fine up until Saturday.

So far so good. All of my shows have recorded on my tablo. Just had to find episode 1 of a few shows. My family loves the tablo and we have 6 roku’s and the 4 tuner tablo.

15 days ago! Pathetic.

xxxx cccc xx cc

1 Like

Tried to reply yesterday and got a server error 500, which was so perfect.

Here is my reply from yesterday:

Yeah data loss bugs are usually addressed very quickly by companies that want to stay in business.

These guys have and continue to send the message that they are a donkey cart disaster being dragged by broken nags around a dirt track.

Congratulations on not jumping to that conclusion. Kind of ironic you are patting yourself on the back about that when last we met you ran in and jumped to the conclusion that my network was the reason my Tablo failed to record several shows, then support looked at the logs and found the software failed.

Oracles are supposed to remember. Otherwise they are kind of useless…

xxxx cccc xx cc

1 Like

Well we agree on one thing: your contribution here is negative garbage.

Your contribution has been only garbage. Please refrain from posting on this forum. If you don’t like the product, sell it to me as I want another one and never return.

Obviously I don’t like this product. Because it’s malfunctioned on me 10x more than any other comparable product. If the company were honest, they would tell people this is basically a beta. But they did not. To experience the inability to watch the show I bought this thing to record for > 2 weeks after 2 years of ownership is unacceptable. I personally could care less what you think about my decorum. It’s what you want to focus on because you can’t return to your prior means of batting down criticism: ‘der, it works for me, you are a whiner.’

Well I’ve kindly offered you to cut your losses and purchase your Tablo. Take it or leave it.

xxxx cccc xx cc

1 Like

OMG. You are killing me!! Yeah your profile pic just screams ‘with it’ like you ‘get it.’ ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Hilarious. Frodo or whatever your pals call you in Mordor.

So you are not seriously going to try to mount the argument that these guys are actually cutting edge, doing new tech the way new tech needs to be done are you?? Let’s do this: make a HUGE wager, then let me inspect the code for an hour. I would be willing to bet a large pile of money that this codebase is a bombed out disaster stitched together by clowns. Clearly they have no tests. They put out a HUGE regression with the last release by their own admission and 3 weeks later they don’t have a patch. The GOTO bug Apple got caught on (huge embarrassment) was patched in something like 48h. Toyota’s code was subpoenaed for that sudden acceleration case and the guy found 200K global variables.

It is beyond astonishing that you jumped in to tell me I was talking out of my arse because I said this should have been fixed, and your contribution is to basically say ‘this is how new tech companies do it.’ Yeah, right.

BTW, name me a SINGLE company that became a leader after doing releases with catastrophic failures 2 years in.

You are the one who is a kid. Obviously not physically but mentally, you stopped developing at around 8. You want to do ad hominem, bring it. You have got absolutely NOTHING.

Dear Your Kindness: I’ll leave it thanks.

Alright can everyone please calm down? If you’re going to continue to own your Tablo and be part of the community, you got to play a bit nicer.

If you want to vent, please pick up the phone and call them and do so directly. No point in attacking forum members.