What about replacing (saturated) drives?

So this ain’t a one off… déjà vu

This post is likely appropriate again:

I guess for you, it’s not?? I’d leave the platform as it’s not a DVR under your staunch requirements. You know?

1 Like

Tablo, whatever it is, satisfies my requirements.

1 Like

Tablo is a DVR product not a media library solution.

When 3 dead products are quoted as the second coming maybe I lose focus.

When a support person realizes that there really isn’t a problem, they will agree that the moon is made out of blue cheese just to get to the next call.

Maybe plex is you product since it’s a media library solution that has DVR software shoe horned into it.

1 Like

My information may be a bit dated but when I last had a TiVo (approximately 3 years ago) you could not easily swap drives. I think TiVo markets their product as a DVR as well.

1 Like

I never was able to replace hard drives in any of my other DVRs that I used as both a cable and satellite customer. So when did this become a basic requirement???

And to suggest that a DVR that has been around for over 6 years is “half-baked” is ridiculous. This is one of the oldest pieces of technology in my entire home, and it is still working great.

1 Like

Now that you have found a DVR that satisfies your requirements you don’t have to have or use a tablo.

But there must be a reason Channel Master also started selling Tivo Edge.

You made a username of “Displeased”. You have attacked the product, the developers, and this entire community constantly since you have started posting. What did you expect would happen?

Seriously? You are just another one of those disgruntled posters that had a particular feature in an old DVR and are upset that the Tablo doesn’t have that particular feature, so you call the Tablo “half baked” and call your feature “essential” and the lack of it “completely unacceptable”.

The Tablo has been around for over 6 years. Somehow the rest of us have managed just fine without your “essential” feature. It is one thing to make a feature request. It is quite another to just bash everyone over the head with post after post about this.

This community is here to help others with issues and also is a sounding board for suggestions. It is not really a place to just rant over and over about a single issue.

3 Likes

I tried to salvage a drive from a DirecTV DVR… after too must lost time, I discovered Power-up in standby setting. Since it was programed I used a particular boot utility HDAT2 to change it (it was just hdat then).

In the end, it wasn’t really worth the hassle, the drive still had quirks. So to just open one up… and put in what ever you want - not likely all that east, on modern devices. (maybe press eject and swap tape cartridges)

1 Like

Actually it’s a question! You may find it a ludicrous as a question, maybe two questions.

At this point it appears overly obvious you unlikely has an interest in anyone’s opinion, other than trolling for attention – that’s my opinion. :poop:

1 Like

Yes, one word “troll” comes to mind.

2 Likes

Very well said @snowcat. He also mentions that the guide is the best he has seen. To me the guide is much more important then being able to swap drives in a DVR.

1 Like

I was an original adopter of DVRs in the 1990s. I have had many DVRs, from Cable TV, DirecTV, Dish, TiVo, I built my own with Windows Media Center & HDHomeRun tuners, back to TiVo again, and finally to Tablo.

Each have had really good things, and each has had things I wish were better (or they didn’t have). Not a single one of them did everything I wanted them to do. The Windows Media Center was one of my favorites, but they eventually dumped support for it (that is why I went to TiVo).

Overall, I would say the Tablo is one of the better ones I have used. For the price point, and compatibility with multiple streaming devices, it is definitely a great product - and it is almost “plug and play” in most parts of the country. In fact, the only real complaint I have is with the guide (associated with the zip code you live in - I have to use a zip code in Austin, TX even though I don’t live there).

Again - there is nothing “perfect” out there, that can do all things for everyone, and be compatible with everything. I am a programmer by trade, and it takes a lot of work to make things happen - and technology is changing all the time…

4 Likes

If you contact @TabloSupport and give them your zipcode and all of the channels you receive, they should be able to contact the guide provider and get everything added to your zipcode.

I did contact them a while back - it isn’t a real issue (other than my OCD…LOL) to have it on another zip code (I don’t even see it unless I am in setup). It works, so I go by the theory, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”…

Wow. 27 flags in my moderator’s inbox. I think that’s a record.

In the many years this forum has operated, it’s been very rare that we’ve hidden a post deliberately or even allowed flags set by other community members to stand unless the content was particularly egregious. (And yes, flags are ALL set by other community members, not Tablo employees, and posts with 3 flags from other community members are automatically hidden.)

Given that the flags were flying on both sides here, and the fact that the world in general is cranky and anxious, I’ve let all the flags stand as set by the community.

Unflagging some content and not other content would just lead to more drama which I think we can all agree is not useful.

This forum is intended to allow Tablo users to ask questions and share helpful solutions to problems. When that isn’t done in a collegial and respectful manner, nobody wins.

We can agree to disagree, but let’s keep the discourse civil. If not, I will lock the thread.

7 Likes

This is the second time I’ve ignored, well first ignore, prior was mute… Because sometimes it’s just so **** not to respond.

Options, ignore user, then you can interact with civial posts, or mute topic and never see anything about it again.

Have you ever had to use the ban hammer? lol