Wait for ATV Tablo app or goto TiVo Roamio w/Lifetime subscription

That’s why I have my iPad or iPhone next to us when viewing a film. Allows us to Wiki an actor or IMDb a movie for more info. What they call “the second screen” phenomenon.

2 Likes

Yeah but I don’t want to do that. I have the ability to check it now with the hopper. What I really miss is when I had DirecTV they had great detail on Movies and Shows. Listed the Cast, pictures of them, a little Bio and then it listed all the Movies/Shows they were in. From there you could drill in to anoter Movie they were in, then drill in to that Cast, and so on and so on. I use to get lost in it sometimes. :slightly_smiling: It’s like it had the IMDB built in.

This is what I like about Prime Video. If I have a choice between watching a show on Prime Video vs Netflix, I will choose Prime every time. One touch of the sceen or one press of the remote button and X-Ray shows me everyone in the scene - even the little people that don’t get listed in opening credits (along with what song is playing in the background) with a thumbnail for the actor and click on that and I can find out what else they have been in. I miss that when watching video from other sources.

1 Like

Exactly. If I have to sit there with another device to look stuff up I might as well go back to the TV Guide I use to get out of the Newspaper 50 years ago when I was only getting about 6 channels. Now I get 60.

I am the same way. What is worse, I cannot stand to watch TV with channel surfers. It frustrates me beyond belief. Pick something and stick with it - I can’t process the constantly changing video content - too big a distraction. But I realize I am the exception and not the rule.

4 Likes

Agree. Glad somebody finally said this… I have almost typed this MANY times.

What I like the most about cutting the cord is that I am no longer looking for a channel to watch, I am looking for a show to watch, simple as that. Tablo fits in perfect, see a show on Netflix I want to watch, nope, see a show on Tablo I want to watch, yep, click on it and watch the show…

I wonder, do the channel surfers scroll through Netflix and start each show for 30 seconds before moving on and trying another?

Channel surfing is like grabbing a random book, reading a few words, deciding if you want to continue reading it… rinse, repeat.

Only if the Movie sucks

1 Like

Tough crowd here. Bottom line, I want to be able to scroll from the first channel to the last without “Loading”. Geese, it’s only 60 Channels, give me a break. Also, to get the info of what I’m watching without backing out of the stream, just like any other box you’ve used from cable or satellite.

Get the tivo. Lack of 5.1 is a deal breaker.

Agreed. Can’t send the Tablo back now but I still think it’s cool and it they can get the performance up and a little more work on the Live TV Guide I might be satisfied. Reminds me of when I bought my first Roku. Saw it as someone’s house like 8 years ago. Looked it up and bought one. Tried it out. It was really slow and not many channels. It sat on my wire for a few years. About once every 6 months I would flip it on and see what’s new. Then some years later I discovered Plex and found out there was a Roku App for it. That opened up a whole new world.

ddd671:
Yes! If you see something you might want to watch (talk show, etc) but not sure, record it. You can pick the meat from the bones later. Hoorah for DVR’s.

F:
Geez! I can scroll thru my 25 selected channels in seconds by first pressing my readily available finger on one button. Hoorah!

Too bad you have to wait for it to actually display something

F:
I’m talking about the TV input button. No waiting.

Yeah, why can’t Tablo do that? I push my input button, blank screen. Tablo lives in the basement. Antenna, amp, Tablo, cat6. That’s it. I don’t want boating OTA Guide or TV. That’s not what I paid a year subscription for. I forgot that I actually had to pay for that. It is nice once it finally loads. The killer is, it works faster and better through Plex as a Channel than it does as a native App on Roku.

Well we all have our personal gimmees. For me it’s no deal breaker. I record everything I know I enjoy and those I just think I might enjoy. I sort it out later at my convenience.

Jerry, that’s not a personal gimmee. That’s a functionality of the product. Either fix it or take it out and don’t call it Live OTA TV. Someone take responsibility for it and do some Project Management. Set the Customers expectations with a timeline, target date and communicate with the Customer along the way. That’s how it’s done in the real World. If I told my Boss, yeah, I’m working on it, I wouldn’t have a job anymore.

I believe your contusing FUNCTION with FEATURE. Are you able to scan live TV channel’s with TABLO? Yes. That is a basic function. Can you scan the channel lineup seamlessly? No. Tablo is a DVR first with some very nice FEATURES. Seamless live TV channel scanning is not one of them.

Just stop man. Function, Feature, you can’t even watch a movie all the way through live on Riku without it stopping and having to restart it now. They’re blming it on the last Roku update. That’s the nature of the beast. There’s always going to be updates on all these different platforms and then you have to come up with updates for the updates. That’s the nature of the beast. It doesn’t work as expected, plain and simple.