Using Tablo Exporter

It’s just files, you can just delete them, no install or anything

And that error means you do not have java installed for this type of applications

I tried to delete the file on the desktop. This is what I get:

Looks like you can either kill the java.exe task or reboot,

Rebooting did the trick. Thanks for all your help.

I export all my recordings weekly so that should my Tablo fail (and has to be reset) I will still have all the recordings available. I put them on a USB drive I can hook into my Roku for viewing them independently of the Tablo. It’s a form of backup.

That’s a very good idea @MarkKindle…I just don’t know if I’m disciplined enough to follow through.

One of the reasons we do that is my wife is hooked on a PBS show called “Cook’s Country.” She gets plenty of recipes from them. If we ever lost those videos, it would be a disaster. So we archive at least those programs we feel we’ll need in the future.

Since you are on Windows, I would suggest looking at Tablo Ripper. That way you can set it and forget it :wink:

In an attempt to avoid cross-posting rules (another user suggested I might get the app author (or someone knowlegeable) at this thread) I’ll just post a link describing my problem with an increasing number of Tablo files that fail upon export, and why that might be (fyi, I’m running TExporter on a networked Mac (10.12.3) while the Tablo itself is connected to another Mac (10.10.5)):

I don’t believe there are any posting rules at all to be honest.

But, I would need for you to run via command line with the -debug switch to see what is happening on the failing recording.

Look near the top of this thread to see how to do that.

Here’s what the app is outputting with an open cli (I think I did this right? I just ran the command listed at the top of this thread with -debug)
Java Version; 1.8.0_121
Tablo Exporter Version 0.07a build 117

Request packet sent to: 255.255.255.255 (DEFAULT)
Done looping over all network interfaces. Now waiting for a reply!
Tablo Info - Name: Tablo (192.168.0.120) - Firmware Version: 2.2.12 build: 1629814 - Model: Dual tuner
Timeout reached During Discovery!!! All good!
/Users/mediamachine/Documents/ffmpeg
/Volumes/NAS/_Tablo downloads
MP4
Standard
False
Loading Data for Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.12 build: 1629814) (Model: Dual tuner)
Opened database successfully
Total Shows: 42
Time in seconds: 0 seconds.
Time in minutes: 0 minutes.
Time in hours: 0 hours.
DB Connection Closed!
Done Loading Data for Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.12 build: 1629814) (Model: Dual tuner)
Tablo : Tablo (Firmware Version: 2.2.12 build: 1629814) (Model: Dual tuner) - 192.168.0.120 - 74228
http://192.168.0.120:80/stream/pl.m3u8?Jmsy1VeAI8kbmAB4cGazKA - Saturday Night Live - Episode 16 - Scarlett Johansson Lorde.mp4 - OS Mac OS X
Start Time:8:00:35 PM EDT
Error code received was 1
End Time:8:00:40 PM EDT
Total minutes processed 0
Not Completed!

Ok, may need to wait for next weeks SNL to see if I can duplicate. Does it do this on all SNL recorded after the firmware update? Any other shows?

Also, please download the latest version see if that fixes the issue
Tablo Exporter Version 0.07a build 129

Oh, cool! DIdn’t realize there was a newer version.
Re: your question…I haven’t applied the newest fw update yet, and I don’t recall when the 2.12 was installed (I don’t think I’ve allowed a firmware update since I started using Tablo in January?)
Also, the file I chose for the debug was simply the first one I noticed the problem with. I got rather random results with other show-files since then, some extract just fine, others fail, within the March/April time period. Roughly two weeks ago, I discovered that my Tablo had locked up, requiring a reboot. Since then, new recordings have been made, including yesterdays SNL which…is exporting successfully! I also successfully exported some Charlie Rose segments recorded since the crash.

So, maybe I’m good after the reboot? But does that mean the pre-crash files are likely lost for good? They play back fine in the Tablo web app.

Anyway, I’ll take your advice and dl the latest build. Thanks for your help!

No, they should be fine too, assuming no data corruption

Indeed! I’m happy to report previously un-downloadable files are now dl’ing with the latest build (129). I really didn’t expect that. Thanks for putting a smile on my face this eve, and for the trouble you took to offer help!

I had this running fine on an old version of Ubuntu. I have just reinstalled ubuntu and am running 18.04. I also have openjdk Java 11 (10.0.2). When I try to run “java -jar TabloExporter.jar” I get this error:

BlockquoteError: Could not find or load main class tabloexport.TabloExport
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application

Using the full path the the jar? What version of Java?

Solved…

Getting Oracle Javafx 11 working is a little beyond me right now.

I installed Oracle Java 8, which still includes fx, and made it the default. Works great now.