I’m considering buying a Tablo to replace a PC/DVR. I have confirmed an internet connection is required!? I’ve read the FAQ https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-faqs-do-i-need-internet-use-tablo-ota-dvr/.
- Time setting, my TV seems to be able to set the time via OTA signal, so why can a tablo?
- TV guide is optional, although I understand provides greater usability.
- Firmware upgrade - sure. But is have a USB, so it may be a pita but external upgrade possible.
- Discovering new devices… on my local network. I have several computer and devices which all communicate locally.
- Out-of-the-home streaming is optional.
6 - what data-mining information are you collecting? It’s to be expected and almost seem to be the only reason to actually require an internet connection.
If (perhaps minority) those who wish to use a web based pc to access the tablotv an interment connection, technically, should not be required.
Any development plans to change this?