Tablo Won't Boot - spinning blue circle

UNIT: TABLO DUAL HDMI
MODEL: TDNS-HDMI-28-01-CN

Unit was functional. On unplugging and replugging, the unit shows the Tablo initial boot screen. The blue LED begings blinking. Screen then shows “Tablo is Starting…” with a blue spinning circle below. The “Tablo is Starting” goes away and we are left with the blue spinning circle. It remains like this permanently.

Maybe try accessing it with a different interface? Try PC vs Roku, etc.

It just plugs directly into our TV via an HDMI cable. The only “interface” is just selecting that HDMI input on our TV.

Sorry I didn’t notice it was an HDMI unit. If you have a subscription you can access via a Roku or FireTV via your home network.

No worries. I appreciate the attempt. I have atrial subscription but only so that we can record and skip commercials. I’m very on th efence about keeping even that as th ewhole point of buying this unit was to get rid of some subscriptions. We eliminated YouTube TV at $7o a month which is nice.

Hey there, we just sent you a PM with a couple of things to try. We’ll work with you to get things up and running.

Followed the instructions. It says, “Entering Troubleshooting Mode” and then does nothing.

Thanks, taking a look on our end - it looks like we should be able to access the unit to take a look. Just to confirm - it’s still sitting on the same spinning circle right now?

Yes.

Still the same. Any progress?

Our team was able to get some diagnostic logs, and we’re still working to determine the cause of this issue. In the meantime, we’ve just sent you a DM with steps for a reset.

According to Tablo you should be able to connect to other devices too but it does not work. I have tried every program I can find as well as the Android app. Nothing works!

Not helpful if the information was sent via PM.

Not helpful if the information was sent via DM.

Same thing here! After buying the Tablo Quad for $164.99 I had just paid another $179.99 for a lifetime subscription that turned out to be for the TV guide only, and now they want ANOTHER subscription for the commercial skip function. As soon as I bitched about it and asked for my money back, the thing locked up and will ONLY show the blue screen and spinning circle. So far they have ignored every email. Unplug, replug, reboot,… nothing works.
AVOID TABLO LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

I can understand your frustration about the guide data but what’s included in the guide data subscription is clearly listed here…

and that list no where indicates commercial skip is included. At the top of that same page is the link to the Premium Service page that details what is included in that additional add-on service is the Automatic Commercial Skip.

As far as the lockups, have you actually created a support ticket? And although it’s not ideal (and I’ve never understood it), if you have created a ticket and simply keep replying to it without waiting for a reply from support you are actually getting kicked to the back of the line by the ticketing system when you do that.

I’m having the same problem with the same set up as you have, Tablo Dual HDMI connected to TV by HDMI cable. Have you been able to solve the problem? Because I’m still not having any luck.

FYI, replied to your original post here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.