Tablo-VLC: a VLC media player extension to play and save Tablo recordings

No. The Tablo records the live OTA stream so the HDD that is connected to the Tablo. This is a method to export said content off the HDD to your computer.

@kwaa - This is great! Thank you for writing this, and releasing it publicly! (esp. under the MIT license)

Thanks @tablotester and @kwaa ! I installed the extension, but was initially only showing one recording. After applying tablotester’s fix, I’m seeing all recordings.

Great work!

You are welcome @OVAZ.

Full credit goes to @kwaa for developing this solution … I just fixed a little bug :smile:

Any known solutions similar to this one on a mac running OS X

You could use Tablo Exporter, it is cross platform

This app VLC plugin is buggy and I dont recommend it … use Jestep’s Tablo Exporter…

the vlc plugin is sensitive to errors on the tablo and if you have a missing or damaged file (say from a reboot or other issue) it could cause this plugin to not work… the author seems to have gone M-I-A …

Thanks, I have read enough to see your are making a serious contribution to this solution. I’m sure I am doing something wrong but after downloading java, ffmpeg & your app, I can see all my recordings but after double clicking on the show I wish to covert, it won’t load into the fffmpeg file field. any suggestions?

Well, it may help to ask these in my thread :wink:

And post what your screen looks like so I can see it, I have an idea, but want to make sure

Getting a 404 on the download link. Would you want to host it on something like github?

Anyway to get the last update to this one? Looks like it has a Playon Plugin that I would really find useful

1 Like

Just tried the Tablo-VLC download link but it appears broken.

Anyone know if this is still available somewhere?

Not sure, but go here to find other tools

https://community.tablotv.com/c/tablo-apps/third-party-apps-plex

Thanks for the link.

I looked (and already tried a couple) but still haven’t found anything for OS X that will allow me to move recorded content from Tablo to my Mac so I can transfer it to DVD.

My solution does :wink:

Tablo Exporter

Tried it and couldn’t get it to work.

What was the issue? Maybe PM me for help?

1 Like

Everyone here is light-years ahead of me. With that lua batch file installed, my VLC can’t find the Tablo in the intenet bar. What must stilll do?

Table Exporter works great for me on my Mac running OS X

1 Like

Anyone still use this?