Tablo Tools - Bulk Export/Delete on Win/Mac/Linux

Hmm. Are you on a Mac by chance? If so, that’s currently broken :frowning:

If not, can you do this to see if there are errors showing up and post them?

The newest version seems to display correctly. When I try to play one of the titles, I don’t hear any sound. It was likely recorded with the Surround sound turned on. It sounds fine on the same platform when I use the Tablo Win 10 app.

I am running Windows 10. It does seem to export (takes a few minutes and you see the progress bar move) just no file. I didn’t see any errors in the log.

Oh, right, I forgot that I’d noticed it. Putting it on the list to try to fix. Thanks!

I think the missing export file is because the default locations have forward slashes. I corrected it for TV but not Movies or Events (see below). I can confirm that TV now saves the exported file properly.

Update… The slashes may have something to do with some issues but I found some more weird behaviors.

1. When you click “Close” after the export completes the recording will disappear, sometimes for a short time and sometimes permanently.
  2. If you immediately search and export a second recording it re-downloads the first recording in the location where the second recording should be placed.

Finding the same thing as @bbaorbb. Once the export is finished the file is in the correct location and can be played without a problem. However, if you click “Close” the file disappears.

Also, tried with both the forward and back slash in the path name - file goes to the correct location with either - acts the same way with each, file disappears once you click close.

Yeah, I see how I broke that. It’ll be fixed in the next version (soon).

v0.1.4 is available and exporting doesn’t nuke you files now.

v0.1.4 is available and this is fixed in it.

v0.1.4 is available and I took a shot in the dark at a simple fix. Mind trying exporting again? Don’t be surprised if it does the same thing.

I can confirm the delete visual issue is resolved in 0.1.4.

Using v0.1.4, the issue with exported files disappearing is fixed. Thanks @jesse

Alas, 0.1.3 was still “Finishing up” my 13,000 recordings (or whatever else it was doing) after 10 hours. I am now trying 0.1.4.

Maybe this will help. (Incidentally this hard drive has 6,000+ recordings but another one has another 6,000+ and the database shows both, since I intend at some point to go back and get those earlier recordings off the previous drive and haven’t “deleted” them from the database. That could be throwing you a problem, I suppose.)

Object
renderer.prod.js:2 retrieved 6489 recordings
renderer.prod.js:2 12968 old records removed
renderer.prod.js:2 0 old records removed
renderer.prod.js:2 6489 records added
renderer.prod.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) Error: unknown airing type!
at Ao.get typePath [as typePath] (renderer.prod.js:2)
at renderer.prod.js:2
at Array.forEach ()
at Wo.build (renderer.prod.js:2)
renderer.prod.js:2 6489 records added
renderer.prod.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) Error: unknown airing type!
at Ao.get typePath [as typePath] (renderer.prod.js:2)
at renderer.prod.js:2
at Array.forEach ()
at Wo.build (renderer.prod.js:2)
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: file:///C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Local/Programs/tablo-tools/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js.map
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: file:///C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Local/Programs/tablo-tools/resources/app.asar/dist/style.css.map

It’s certainly great that you checked those logs because there is no chance at all I would have found that. I’m wary of messing with my Tablo to test this, but I can try to code around it…

As such, I just put out a test release that should fix the initial loading / stuck on “finishing” problem. It will essentially pretend none of the recordings without backing data exist and not display them anywhere at all.

Win | Linux

If things don’t seem to work, please check/send those same console logs.

If it does, yay! I’d also be curious how long it ends up taking to load the recordings since I’ve tried with maybe 600-700 max.

Running Win10. Similar error. (Incidentally took 2.54 minutes to find the initial 6,000 or 13,000 (including 6,000 absent recordings). Then hung again.

renderer.prod.js:2 Unable to load Recording:

1. Object
  2. Object
  3. Object
  4. Object
  5. Object
  6. Object
  7. Object
  8. Object
  9. Object
  10. Object
  11. Object
  12. Object
  13. Object
    renderer.prod.js:2 Skipped 21 recordings trying to load shows.
    renderer.prod.js:2 6490 RECORDING records added
  14. Object
  15. Object
  16. Object
  17. Object
  18. Object
  19. Object
  20. Object
  21. Object
  22. Object
  23. Object
  24. Object
  25. Object
  26. Object
  27. Object
  28. Object
  29. Object
  30. Object
  31. Object
  32. Object
  33. Object
  34. Object
    renderer.prod.js:2 Skipped 21 recordings trying to load shows.
    DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: file:///C:/Users/ulano/AppData/Local/Programs/tablo-tools/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js.map

DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: file:///C:/Users/ulano/AppData/Local/Programs/tablo-tools/resources/app.asar/dist/style.css.map

So the log just stops there completely and visually the same result, the “finishing up” + animation? Just asking because I would have expected to see either “SHOW records added” or an error.

Let’s try this.

• In the app, click Settings (top right corner button)
  • In Settings, enable “Export Tablo Data” and Save. (Keep in mind where the files are being saved)
  • Close/Open the app and let it rebuild (or click Reload)
  • Go to where the files were saved - they will be named “airing-XXX.json” and “show-XXX.json”. Find the lowest and highest XXX numbered files for each. Open them (notepad works), create pastebins https://pastebin.com/ for them, and then post the links here. Please don’t paste the contents here - it’s a lot.

Thanks!

I installed first on Linux and then on Windows 10 and both installations were incredibly easy.

1 Like

Sorry but really stuck now. The 0.1.5-alpha.1 program stalls for me on loading the programs at anywhere from 8% to 13% and will not advance (and Developer Tools shows nothing, so it’s early in the process, I guess). I’ve tried uninstalling via Control Panel, but the Tablo and the database appear to be retained. Nothing gets written to the tablo-data folder you mention except server-info.json (no airing or show files), so the program database info must be stored elsewhere as it reappears when I reinstall before any reloading. I even tried installing the 0.1.3 version to see if that would fully reload (and then show the Finishing up message) but that also hangs at c. 12% … so somehow I’ve now got some kind of corruption in the data that stays behind an uninstallation or re-installation.