Tablo Tools - Bulk Export/Delete on Win/Mac/Linux

I have a feeling everything you have mentioned here is covered with the episodeOrDate/episodeOrTMS template options I added with 0.2.2-beta.1. From the release notes, those:

• episodeOrDate: “To Tell the Truth - s05e05.mp4” OR “Saturday Night Live - 2020-05-02.mp4”
  • episodeOrTMS: “To Tell the Truth - s05e05.mp4” OR “Saturday Night Live - EP000037101223.mp4”

The only duplicates I have with the (now) default format (episodeOrDate) are from partial/interrupted recordings. Those would be fixed by the Export Controls #51 or a Saved Search (which I think I have to fix).

That ‘max’ ("more than 2 is probably silly”) is talking about concurrent exports. Having changed that, regardless of the number of files, may or may not have led to that wonkiness. I’ll try to - if you can give steps that got there it would help tremendously.

On a side note, seeing that I possibly missed recording that makes me sad. That could be the impetus for loading the full guide…

Hopefully you saw Tablo Tools - Bulk Export/Delete on Win/Mac/Linux which addressed the common concern.

If you want to follow along, here are issues for the play multiple times per page and delete when finished. I’m not quite sure how I managed to let the delete on finish slip though.

As always, thank you!

1 Like

concurrent …oh, ok - nevermind

That makes more sense, miss that.

After installing 0.2.2-beta 1, the custom naming appeared to be working, and when I exported it seemed to process the file and indicate it was successfully done - but there was no file created anywhere I can find. (I am using a custom folder location, but it didn’t go there or to Tablo Tools’ default directory.) The Log indicated the location correctly, but it’s was not there, either during “creation” or when completed.

Perhaps needless to say, clicking on the folder-locate icon to see the “exported” file, which does not exist, had no effect.

Incidentally, clicking on “default?” in the Naming Settings did not appear to revert to the default format - but when I exited the program and restarted the default naming was there (perhaps because I had not saved my new custom naming format - though it was properly reflected in the Log of the non-output Export).

I then tried to completely uninstall and do a completely fresh install, and I found that the data contained at C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\tablo-tools (indicated on your github page) is not in fact the complete config data anymore (and doesn’t wipe out the installed data). Can you please clarify (and perhaps update your page) where this data now is?

In any event I was able to reinstall 0.2.1 and it exported (with the built-in default naming) just fine again.

I then reinstalled 0.2.2-beta 1, but when I went to export (without changing the default naming convention, it just hanged, indicating “waiting…”. I can’t seem to get to any even false exporting at this point on 0.2.2-beta 1.

Really looking forward to this ability, and grateful for what you’re building.

And one small P.S. Suggestion: In your top-of-window pull down menu, instead of Remove All, you might say Clear All. Not sure if that is in fact more understandable that you are “unchecking” rather than deleting, but just a thought.

And another P.S. while adding to your list - when you get the custom naming working, would be great to have the option for movies too. (I want to change to parentheses around the year.)

Thanks so much!

Fresh install/launch tablo-tools_0.2.2-beta.1_amd64.deb got this again…

Go Back again/still doesn’t do anything. I kind of think the last screen may be had show selected, for possible export (testing naming template etc) and they are no longer available (?). Click home and… wait, I didn’t get the changlog/release notes page, and it’s a one-time deal :frowning:

[enhancement] maybe that could be the purpose of File > Open “What’s New” page

Other than an initial “what”, this has no real impact on function, well there is no function from the button.

I’ll run through all that clean again before I put out a new beta.

Incidentally, clicking on “default?” in the Naming Settings did not appear to revert to the default format

I need to make that more clear. It means “make default”, as in “use this one by default when I click export” (and anywhere else you see the filename). You definitely will need to Save a template and then set it as default for this to work.

Can you please clarify (and perhaps update your page) where this data now is?

For this, resetting probably wasn’t going to help. Look for tablo_tools_config.json under Settings->Advanced, Debug section - all of the config (and other app stuff) is stored there. Here are what the relevant config/app data files are right now.

# Actual settings you've created / are important
config.json - um. I probably need to make this go away
tablo_tools_config.json

(these are going to change over to app wide instead of device specific and thus renamed)
SID_5087B8??????-naming.db - custom naming
SID_5087B8??????-search.db - save searches

# created during "db rebuild"
SID_5087B8??????-channel.db
SID_5087B8??????-recordings.db
SID_5087B8??????-show.db

instead of Remove All, you might say Clear All

done.

would be great to have the option for movies too

That’s already there. There are naming sections for Episodes, Movies, Events, and Manual since they have different stuff that each can/not use.

That’s a different Go Back. The page definitely came from closing the app with selections made on one of the bulk pages, so yeah. I’ll just send you elsewhere for now. I can make the seletions stick between app launches, but it adds a too long white (or loading) screen on every launch, so I opted not to…

[enhancement] maybe that could be the purpose of File > Open “What’s New” page

Good thought.

Well, that’s weird. On my Win10 installs (installed twice between reversions from beta) I only show Series/Episodes and Manual as naming options. No Movies or Extras.

Hmm. Do you have Movies/Manual recordings (it shouldn’t matter). It could be deleting the ‘naming’ db could help.

Also, were you trying to export to these?

\\RASPBERRYPI4\Colossus\Tablo\TVShows\2015 NBA Finals\Season 00

d\Clips\TabloRecordings\TV\What's My Line\Season 00

I saw those throw errors that I need to handle for people.
The first is a UNC path which may or may not work, but didn’t have write permissions.
The second is just a bad path. I’d guess you were going for d:\

You’re right - when I added movie and extra recordings they popped up under Naming options. (I’m not sure that’s optimal since one might want to create a default even if one doesn’t have any, but I see how you are using actual data to aid in their creation, so AOK with me.)

But just FYI, although it indicated it had exported them, there are still no actual exports.

Thanks.

1 Like

cross platform/network naming issues, you may/not want/need to quote filenames with spaces or escape them.

via GUI the apostrophe might get through, depending how files are pass through process (prefer to sanitize filenames) might want to be escaped, even if quoted.

You know, lots of unknowns variables - how, why and who’s using what

I’m not quoting things, but I am sanitizing what can go in the file template/name.

The apostrophe is not the problem with the 2nd one - the missing colon (d\ instead of ‘d:\’) is. If it wasn’t what someone entered (on accident), it’s because I’m over sanitizing. Specifically, I’m using this. Then, the file/path just gets sent on to the OS, so UNCs should work (if you have write permissions, but I haven’t tested them.

This all means I need to do some windows testing this release…

Over-sanitizing. Correct in Export Paths but not in {{episodePath}}.

1 Like

v0.2.2-beta.2 + release notes are out now. The big items are fixing Export on Delete, manually editing Filenames at time of export, and revamped Recording Details which popups instead of expands and looks like this:

Not working for me. When I attempt a new custom naming format and click on save, nothing happens, and when I get out it’s not saved. I can’t export from it either - clicking on Export just hangs and shows “waiting…”.

(The Win10 naming convention - the “:” is now showing in the path.)

1 Like

-Could you clarify

Adds Link to the web “FTP” server directory on your device

I have accessed via lftp but that’s not exactly the same as ftp, I’m somewhat familiar of http via various ports.

-As in your illustration above, is the IP 192.168.1.229 hard-coded? …it’s not my tablo’s address, and tabo-tools otherwise has no problems finding otherwise. It’s listed correctly in config.json as both CurrentDevice and Devices. It uses this IP for either device.

-Allowing users to eliminate {{EXT}} results in export error - no log. ffmpeg - by developers, for developers …but I do know it pukes with out a known extension ID10T error I suppose

-File name sanitizer? exported (with extension) and ended up with (of course, not with color)

Barry Brewer: Chicago, I'm Home.mp4

That’s the ShowTitle " Barry Brewer: Chicago, I’m Home" the episode title was NULL and there’s no season, so I just used the ShowTitle.ext

It noted “no log” and yet there is one – the no extension export

[2020-07-02 18:45:22.258] [info] Stderr output: [NULL @ 0x5b47240] Unable to find a suitable output format for '/media/VideoLibrary/tablo/Barry Brewer: Chicago, I'm Home'
[2020-07-02 18:45:22.258] [info] Stderr output: /media/VideoLibrary/tablo/Barry Brewer: Chicago, I'm Home: Invalid argument
[2020-07-02 18:45:22.259] [info] Stderr output: 
[2020-07-02 18:45:22.259] [info] An error occurred: Error: ffmpeg exited with code 1: /media/VideoLibrary/tablo/Barry Brewer: Chicago, I'm Home: Invalid argument

Okay, very nice tool. It installed, and I exported a test video just fine. But what do the two green icons do; labeled “Clean” (with mouse hovering) and the green thermometer mean? I show some recordings as 103% Clean and some 301% clean and everywhere inbetween when I hover the mouse over them? I haven’t been able to find any information what this means or what its for. Just about everything else is self explanatory or intuitive. What the heck do they indicate or do?