Tablo Tools - Bulk Export/Delete on Win/Mac/Linux

I just installed Tablo Tools on Windows. Installed fine. When I run the program it tells me I don’t have a network connection. But I do. Computer and Tablo are all on same network.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Well, after about 12 times opening and closing app it finally connected.

Can I use this to copy my current data and then put it in a larger internal hard drive in my Tablo? My 2TB drive is almost full. I want to swap out the current drive for a new drive with more space and not sacrifice my recordings.

NO. This is to export the streaming format to an MP4 so you cam play it via media player on your [media] PC/laptop. You can not “put them back”/

Although not officially supported there are several posting where users have moved recording to another drive. It’s more involved - allow tablo to format new drive, connect both to computer (capable of access an ext4 filesystem) and copy files over.

Another option is to look into CloneZilla Live, where you boot from an USB and “clone” your drives (it’s not truly clone since they are different sizes). You have to choose an option to “grow” grow the filesystem.

One note, none of these methods shoulc harm the files or your current drive — give it a try.

I export shows and then recode them to H265 to save space. When I do this I keep the exact filename but change the format to mkv.

Is there any way that the export duplicate detection can be made to ignore the filetype (mp4 vs mkv) from the duplicate fileame test?

Can I specify the ffmpeg parms for the export to directly export to H-265 or another format?
Thanks,
Jim Shipman

If I release a new version, I will certainly keep these requests in mind.

One more request… Please add partially watched to the “watched” filter. I’m not sure how readily available this information is but I know you can determine it from comparing the length of the recording to the playback position. Great Tool by the way, I use it quite often.

1 Like

Compatibility with Mac osx 12? M1 chip?

I should be able to build that, but have not yet tried. I’m supposed to get an update out, so if I get it built I’ll let you know so you can try it out.

I’m Using the WIN10 version and the “skip export” if file exists feature is not working. It just overwrites no matter what the setting is. Am I doing something wrong here? I’m expecting the app to not export the show if a file with the same name exists in the target directory. The color coding on the export page seems correct but the behavior is not aligned with it. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Not sure if I’d had it set to skip, bit I know increment and add ID has worked on a non-Windows system. Just tossing out some considerations. Maybe special characters in the filename and Windows filesystems not making a 1:1 comparisons? Just because it looks the same human readable, doesn’t mean underneath it’s the same to the system.

Storage on a local device? network shares have character coding or page codes or technical stuff.

Have you tried other options to see if this is the only one not working? How do you confirm a new file is created? Just the “color coding”?

The latest beta should have full M1 support (probably TabloTools-0.3.0-beta.4-arm64.dmg in that list?) and should be appropriately signed so there are no warning when installing.

I don’t have a way to test a M1, so if you have a chance, I’d love it know if it works.

The “partially watched” filter is included in today’s latest beta!

1 Like

I mentioned this over in the github issue, but for anyone here, this was an actual bug and was fixed as of the 0.3.0 beta.4.

As of today’s 0.3.0-beta.4 release, both Windows and Mac distibutions are signed.

Because I went with the less expensive option for code signing on Windows, some of the warnings will exist until a lot of people install the app. (So install it everywhere you are - it doesn’t need to run, just have people agree that it’s safe to install)

@jesse - I just downloaded this on one PC and it looks great - I love the partially watched capability! I can probably load it on a couple more PCs to get the installed count up. Thanks for all your efforts, it is much appreciated.

1 Like

Release v0.3.0 is now out. It is mostly a more reliable version of v0.2.4 with bugfixes and a few small additions.

The biggest additions are Code Signed Windows and Mac installers, plus new M1/M2 builds.

Will it install over version 2.4 or does 2.4 need to be uninstalled first? Also I am guessing that Setup-0.3.0.exe is the correct version for Windows 10? Thanks much!

It will install over 0.2.4, though will keep any settings. And yes, the .exe version should be the best option on any Windows 10/11. I’m not certain if it will run on previous versions of Windows.

1 Like

I’m having issues exporting files. It seems to be because it throws in a “/” which doesn’t play nice with Windows and I can’t get it to do anything without it. I’m using Windows 11.

Its been a while since I’ve used the program, so not sure if there was a trick to get it to work.

1 Like

Wild guess - edit [click on the pencil in the square] the naming template or create a new one [click on the plus] with the characters you want.

It’s a multi platform or not platform specific, and been noted it needs to have a default template. So until the user adds or edits one, it comes with one. Since it’s a one OS fit’s all…