I'm experiencing the same thing...repeated fast forwarding on my Roku locks up the entire Tablo.
I ran several tests today and concluded:
* Fast forwarding on Roku causes the issue
* Sometimes as few as 5 fast forwards will lock it up
* Sometimes up to 40 will go by w/ no issue but it eventually locks up every time
* Here's my use case: I'm hammering the ffwd -- watching a football game and ffwd 25 seconds (5 clicks) between plays, repeatedly.
More testing details from today:
* Computer can hammer the ffwd or reverse w/ no issues
* Computer playing a recording at the time the Roku issue happens stalls in ~2 mins
* Cannot connect or stream anything live or recorded on the Tablo for between 5-15 minutes, but it does reset itself
* Disconnecting the Roku from the Tablo does not fix the issue
* Rebooting the Roku does not fix the issue
The only two things that seem to fix it are:
* Rebooting the Tablo
* Waiting 5-15 minutes for it to clear.
My Roku software is 8.0.1 build 4018-55, model 3800X streaming stick
I have two of these sticks and it is happening with both.
TabloTV I'd love to see this fixed, please let us know what additional testing we can do to help.