Tablo Stalling out when fast forwarding a recorded program

I’m having issues with FF as well. Last night I was watching a show from the beginning that was still recording. It worked for the first 15 minutes, allowing me to FF through commercials (I always use the frame skip FF method), and then the FF previews stopped showing and then the whole thing locked up. I restarted my Roku to no avail and didn’t want to restart the Tablo because I didn’t want it to stop recording. It even had a hard time pulling up other live channels once the train wreck started, but eventually let me at least tune to another channel live.

We use the roku streaming stick (1 newer and 1 older one). Recently whenever a show gets to the end it reboots the roku. Any thoughts?

I see that now too, mate. The screen just goes black and then the dancing purple logo appears a short time later. Never had it before the Roku updated to version 8. Those Roku wankers bodge up every second release so it was time… sigh.

Have 2 Roku 3’s, both reset at end of show playback:

1. Model: 4200X - Roku 3
    Software Version: 8.0.0 build 4128-04

2. Model: 4230X - Roku 3
    Software Version: 8.0.0 build 4128-04

1 Like

I have two of these sticks and it is happening with both.

Roku software: 8.0.1 build 4018-55,
model 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick

Tx folks!

The data we’ve collected has led our ROKU dev team to two potential issues with the ROKU OS 8.

They’re cranking on some workarounds which we’ll test internally and then with beta.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Model: 3600RW - Roku Stick
Software Version: 8.0.0 - build 4128-24

For your information, the problem that we are experiencing also happens when I use the LG Smart TV – TABLO APP

There is also a problem with the TABLO Machine changing all of the labels of the OTA channels that I receive. None of them are correct. The Labels show up correctly when I run live TV direct to my LD Smart TV from my antenna to my TV, not going through the TABLO Machine.

Sorry for the delay, but in case it helps, the Roku we are having this issue with is Model 3600X - Roku Stick; Software version 8.0.0 build 4128-24.

Thanks for the help and I hope we can get it fixed soon! I’m getting a fair bit of heat from the family on this

1 Like

FWIW I too am having this problem:
Model 4201X - Roku 2
S/W ver 8.0.0 build 4128-04

Looking forward to the fix/beta

This evening, following a beta downloaded of the Tablo app (Version 2.2 build 8) there is still a problem… When a recorded program is played and allowed to go right to the end, the Roku 2 resets!!!

We have the same issue, streaming stick, same version. As above. We think it’s a roku problem, not tablo as it also happens on Pandora app as well and at random times.

I’ve also noticed the label issue where channels are labeled incorrectly but when you select the shows in the guide everything is correct. . Also have the fast forward and freezing issue on Roku as well. In my case everything is wired so not using WIFI at all.

Todd

This has gone beyond the absurd!! I researched the whole idea of cutting the cord for several months and tried very hard to find a reputable company that was producing a product through which I could record and playback programs on my timetable. The TABLO machine WAS a perfect fit for what I was looking for. I paid good money to purchase the TABLO Machine and it has worked beautifully up until a couple of weeks ago. I cannot watch any program and fast forward or advance through the commercials using may ROKU OR my LG TV App without it locking up and refusing to continue. Now I have to unplug and restart the TABLO Machine in order to watch the program. At times, (not always) after I wait in the locked up mode and the program will come back after 10 minutes or so (that is ridiculous!). This is happening during a critical time in the NCAA football schedule and is creating difficulty to use the TABLO to watch the games and FFWD without locking up. Ww keep being told that the TABLO Staff is working on a fix-- but time continues to pass by and there still is no resolution. They keep pointing back to the ROKU 8.0.0. update, but it is also happened on my LG Smart TV APP. That points to the TABLO Device in my mind. Please, TABLO Staff, either fix the problem or send me a refund!! I am pretty frustrated with the device and the customer service I am experiencing.

This is why I have three Roku boxes and three Nexus Players. I got burned a couple years ago on a different Tablo/Roku bug (turns out it was a Roku issue). My Tablo didn’t work and I couldn’t have cared less whose fault it was. I just switched over to the Nexus Player(s) and waited for the Roku issue to be resolved. It took a few weeks, but they got the Roku issue fixed. They will again this time. But if you don’t have a second streaming option, you are just screwed.

Once burned is once learned . . . BTW, my Nexus Player is working perfectly tonight. How is your Roku doing? Because mine is useless to me!

I had a show split into 4 pieces. As each piece ended, my Roku would lock up, I would push Roku butons until i the Roku rebooted. I would go on to the next piece and go through the whole process again. Irritating and time consuming but I was finally able watch the show with very little loss of content. I’ll be glad when they get the problems resolved but I feel part of the problem may be my choice of of hardware, antenna, streaming device, preamp, hard drive, router and cabling. I picked the Tablo because of It’s features and flexability. I knew that I would have act as my own tech support along with help from this forum and Tabo. I like having a whole house DVR that works most off the time.

The slow down while fast forwarding with my Roku boxes on wifi took up more of my time than the Roku rebooting. This week the 8.0 and 2.3 upgrade on my 2 Roku boxes seem to have brought my fast forwarding problems under control. I appreciate those updates. You can not have both a quick problem response and comlete error free resolutions. If there are problems, there will be resolition issues, other wise there will not be progress. I like progress. I also like reliabiliy but there has to be some trade off between the two as long as the trade off does not become unacceptable. Testing use to be easier with lineal programming. With the new systems the paths become almost infinite and testing is dependent on the experience and judgement of the programmer.

Thank you for the improvement of fast forwarding on my older devices. Good luck on resolving the rebooting issues.

1 Like

I think there is a possibility the majority of these issues are on the Roku side as I can’t say how but I’m running Roku OS 8.0.1 with a high builder than most people on a Roku Ultra and I’m not encountering these issues.

Having difficulty with one recorded program being segmented into three to four separate programs. It appears that the recording is continually being interrupted/stopped and restarted. This is an issue with the TABLO Machine because it is happening when the TV and ROKU are both turned off. ANOTHER PROBLEM HAS SHOWN UP! AARRGGGHHH!!

This is indicative of a weak OTA signal. You need to re-aim your antenna or get a better one.

I agree, It is probably my antenna and I have some good suggestions from members on the forum but most of the time it is good, even my wife is happy. Next year, I’ll upgrade, try to isolate the problem and argue with my apartment complex about the new antenna. In the mean time the 4 segments that were recorded were good quality, we got to see our program and the fast forward has been improved.

It might also be a bad choice of a hard drive.