Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

My version says “1.0.89 ====> abandoned”, so I guess that means it is not the most current. Gotta go away for a few hours; I’ll let these rips bake, see what happens with them, then get the latest version. I assume the first link stays the same, just points to the most current version.

Great App! I’m just about ready to shutdown my WMC thanks to this. :smile: Sorry if I missed it in the thread but is there a way to have it remove the show once it is downloaded?

Thanks again!

It’s been requested, but not implemented, and not on my current to-do list. I’m just trying to fill the gap, not implement features already available in your Tablo.

CycleJ, ripping directly to Plex was my plan. But Plex doesn’t automatically put stuff into correctly named folders with season numbers, etc. There is a utility under Ubuntu that does, but that is where I reported last night that it got swept out before the rip was complete, so now I am writing a VB Script to rip to a local (Windows 10) file that then gets moved into the “Media_in” folder for further process, and it is a whole file. I’m not smart enough to rewrite the Ubuntu utility to wait until complete. In VBS I usually just loop on a poll, waiting for the fie size to not change.

What is a safe program to use to open the FFMPEG file? It has weird file type. I think .bz

The file type for FFMPEG is something I can’t open. What do I do to open it?

Can anyone help?

Rather than explain the convoluted download process for ffmpeg, I suggest you pick up the copy I included in the TabloRipper download link. That’s all you need.

That is what I did

Then you already have ffmpeg.exe. Just save that file to a directory of your choice, and point TabloRipper at that folder.

No I don’t have that. The file extension is .bz2 not .exe

I can’t open a .bz2 file

Ok. I got the right file and I have it pointed to in the output folder but now I am seeing "Exception: Could not find file
C:\ Marc\Aquarius

Has anyone tried to convert the mpeg4 video files created with Tablo Ripper to AVCHD and if so for a show that’s an hour long or longer how can those files fit on a DVD? My AVCHD recordings fail every time due to their excessive size.

I have burned BluRays without issues and needed the larger capacity of the BluRay to hold the file. As I recall an edited 1 hour show after removing commercials was about 42 minutes and occupied around 9 GB when transcoded by Cyberlink Power Director 13. A 25 GB BluRay should thus hold roughly 2 hours of content using this encoding / bitrate. A dual layer AVCHD could be used but its approx 8 GB total capacity was too small. I may have been able to use the “SmartFit” mode to fit the full 42 minute program on a dual layer AVCHD but have not tried it.

1 Like

Thanks again for your great app, I use it almost every day. I currently had 1.0.8, and wanted to update to the latest version, but when i try to uninstall the last version it gives an error message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ‘TabloRipper_1_0_3.msi’ in the box below.

I can’t seem to find this installation package (and i’m on 1.0.8), and as such it doesn’t allow me to uninstall and then install the new version. Any ideas of what i should be doing here?

The earlier version didn’t uninstall cleanly. You can safely ignore it. And you no longer need to uninstall before installing a new version. Just run the installer for the latest version and you’re good to go.

That’s why I mentioned it here, because it wont’ let me install 1.0.9. It pops the window seen above, and when I can’t point it to 1.0.3 install package it quits. I suppose I should get something like Revo Uninstaller or something to remove remnants of 1.0.3?

I’m away from my PC this week, but I’ll post an old copy for you when I get home. Hopefully that’ll get you unstuck. Let me know if you fix it before then.

Ok, I used revo uninstaller and it removed the last remants of the old version. Now updated and happily using 1.0.9. Thanks.

2 Likes