Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Well, things just got stranger. Good news is that I got TabloRipper running. The strange part is that I did a Windows Update (thanks djk), installed Tablo Ripper and it came right up. I’m thinking that Windows either updated something or repaired something that was stopping TabloRipper. So, for now I will declare victory and move on. I’ll probably never know what happened. Thanks for all the help.

CycleJ, many thanks for a fantastic program.

Good to hear you got it going!

My guess? Probably something to do with the .NET runtime that’s bundled with Windows. TabloRipper depends on it.

It was a .Net update.

Voila, you found it.

Yes mapped V[ideo] storage, I don’t use Windows regularly so I’m not saving them there. No permission issues, it (Tablo Ripper) crated 2 directories, left an empty behind was able… well I didn’t look at the log if it just renamed the file or copied/deleted the unnecessary file, no problems read/write – permissions are wide open (yea, it’s not secure)

It created a /tmp directory, it’s now empty and still lingers. I created a sub folder to save my file.

Yes, I was running it in real-time, gaining insight so as to possibly aid in trouble-shooting.

on an off-topic, you can’t have a “system” level mount? along the lines net use [mappings] --persistence:yes? or for which ever “service” runs local accounts backgrounds? :open_mouth:

Yes, the TMP subfolder hangs around because it’s used for every file that’s ripped. But it should remain empty unless a rip is in progress. Once a file is complete, it’s moved to your destination folder.

TabloRipper uses a default Windows system account for the background service. You can change it if you’d like to bypass mapping issues.

1 Like

[CycleJ] “Voila, you found it.”

I Got Lucky - But I’ll take it.

Hello, CycleJ- how can I resize the Tablo Ripper application window? It only takes up part of my screen- but it would be nice to widen it, or even go full-screen, when needed- for example to see longer file names for recordings, as I cannot widen the two columns in either window (files on the Table, files to be ripped from the Tablo). There is a ‘Settings.xml’ file in the ProgramData/TabloRipper folder, and I can edit the height and width in this file- but when I open Tablo Ripper, it just uses the previous Height and Width, and rewrites this file with, what I am guessing, is its current settings.
Thanks in advance,
Rhino55

1 Like

Not possible, sorry.

That was the last thing on my to-do list before I stopped development.

Being able to read entire show and file names would have made a great difference. Basic resizing would be a huge benefit for folks squinting and tilting their head to get different focus from their glasses :heart_decoration:

Agreed, but I’ve stopped development.

1 Like

Hi CycleJ,

I doubt that you are still monitoring this, but just in case I have a problem. Tablo Ripper is no longer ripping my recordings. First it was reporting everything as having been recorded. I deleted the program along with all additional folders I could find. I then reinstalled it and it no longer reports everything as having been recorded. However, when it processes the recordings there is not resultant file.

Yep, I still get an email when someone posts to this topic. Sorry you’re having issues, but am I correct in assuming it “was working” and now it’s not? If so, what changed?

Step #1 is (as always) to enable logging, try a rip, and look at the log file. The answer is in there. Let me know if it’s not obvious and I’ll be happy to take a look at your log.

Found my problem. Dummy me. My drive was full, lol

2 Likes

I hate it when that happens…

Thanks for letting me know!

Is there any way or will there be a way to use the Ripper with a Dual HDMI Tablo? I know it was not designed for remote access , but yet it can because Roku can access it with the uploaded Tablo app.

I’m not sure what the new Dual HDMI has to do with remote access, but I can answer your question about remote access not working with Tablo Ripper. Tablo Ripper requests a connection to your Tablo that’s refused unless both devices are on the same LAN.

I’m sure some enterprising individuals have tried implementing a VPN for remote access. Perhaps that’s what you should pursue? It wasn’t a problem for me since my use case was exporting shows to Plex (which you can watch anywhere on any device).

Good luck.

The Dual HDMI Tablo doesn’t seem to allow remote access. You can’t use the web app and they do state it was not made to be a remote device. Yet it must have some way of being accessed remotely. My Roku has access to it using the Tablo app. All this is being said I’m talking only about my local home network.
My old Tablo Dual Lite had no issues and I could access from remote places and of course my home network. The Dual HDMI is not the same animal.

When you say remote access I think most of us equate that with this functionality…

Out-Of-Home Streaming | Over The Air (OTA) DVR | Tablo (tablotv.com)

But are you just talking about a playback device on the same local network (i.e. a Roku on another TV besides the one the Dual HDMI Tablo is physically connected to)?

If the Dual HDMI is on the same local network as the PC running Tablo Ripper, there isn’t any reason it shouldn’t be able to connect to it is there @CycleJ?

Yep just a in home network access doesn’t work with it. So my ripper can’t access or see it. Not sure why. Even the Tablo Web app doesn’t work in my house on my PC I can not gain access and they say the Web app won’t work with it.