Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

There are several other rippers that’ll work under Linux. But TabloRipper isn’t one of them.

Hey @CycleJ there is a very large .log file located in “C:\ProgramData\TabloRipper”

It is 16 GB and I have a very small hard drive that the OS on my computer runs from. Is it possible for me to relocate this file to an external drive?

What happens if I delete the file?

Thanks, great tool!

Thanks for the kind words. By all means, delete that log file! And you’ll want to disable the setting that creates it unless you’re having issues that need debugging.

1 Like

Seriously? You plan to obsolete the ripper and ONLY have a windows version available? What about the large group of us MAC users. Upgrades like this need to be thought out well ahead to not disrupt the customer base. Making sure there is options for us all.

CycleJ is a private individual, not a Nuvyyo employee, who developed the Ripper on his own. It was always only intended to be for Windows and it works really well, having been a user from the beginning who provided a lot of feedback in the early days. There are other software programs out there for those using platforms other than Windows.

2 Likes

Troll. That account just joined 2 hours ago.

1 Like

I see you’re a new forum user, so I hope you can put all the flames out coming your way.
TabloRipper was created by a Tablo user, @CycleJ, who is like me, and you.
He doesn’t work for Nuvyyo, who manufactures the product.

TabloRipper is free, and if you don’t like it, understand you’ll get exactly what you paid for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And for cross platform support there’s SurLaTablo, but the author isn’t very humble, but apart from that… excellent!

1 Like

“Disrupt the customer base”? This is a man who developed his own solution and contributed an excellent public service to the Tablo community. Your statement is absurd. Here’s something you can “think out well ahead” … get a clue as to what you’re discussing before you decide to contribute to the discussion.

1 Like

Sorry for how things got interpreted. You are correct. A little “over flamed” for a user based tool. And, frankly, I do appreciate what he had done. The tool works very well and I am sorry for how I came across. Your comments are well deserved, sorry.

Regarding my comment. In a better way to state it. I hope the developers who make such tools (and I know there are a few of them) have plans to incorporate the new file layout for the future file version so the user base is not left in the lurch. That’s all I meant, in what was a very poorly worded post. Sorry again.

And as a piece of info regarding the earlier posts in this thread about does it pass surround sound. I just got off the phone this morning with TABLO asking if they had fixed the surround sound issue and they admitted they have not. If you have a home with a few ROKU units talking to the TABLO, and one of them is NOT surround sound enabled, you must disable surround sound encoding for ALL since it is a common setup for all. So if surround is important to you, you must put at least a simple surround speaker set on each location using the ROKU so TABLO will allow you to set the SURROUND SOUND check box.

First, I want to agree with your underlying message, which is the Tablo surround sound feature should be enhanced to allow enabling, and disabling surround sound per media player device.

Into a little semantics.
The Tablo surround sound feature performs as documented, so it’s not actually a bug that needs to be fixed, but rather an enhancement that is desired to be added.

The important distinction between bugs, and enhancements is customer complaints about bugs tend to be way more powerful, than complaints about desired features.

1 Like

actually it was documented this way because after testing they found that storing both stereo and surround streams was causing audio sync issues. So it isn’t that there is not a “bug”. Its that to make sure the bug did not affect sales they just made sure it could do only one audio stream type. Problem fixed.

Respectfully, we’re rabbit-holing semantics, so let’s agree to disagree on that point.

Hi. I used tablo ripper in the past with no issues, but I tried again to use it this week and I get a strange error message. It says “Exception: Access to the path ‘C:\Program Files\TabloRipper\tmp’ is denied.” I tried unistalling and reinstalling the program but have the same error message. Any suggestions on getting it working again? Thanks.

Easy enough - pick a different output folder! Windows won’t let you write in the installation directory.

CycleJ,

I have a dual 4K monitor setup, and Tablo Ripper 2.4.1 (64bit) opens up in a small window, and I can’t increase its size. I can’t drag it bigger from any corner. I can only see about 2/3rds of the program window, and while still usable, having to scroll to get to the buttons at the top and bottom & left and right. I’ve tried unchecking the box in settings to save size on exit, and that didn’t help. Everything else seems to work like a champ.

I can drag the bottom right and make the window smaller yet, but never big enough to see the entire program. If I were to guess, 640x480px or smaller.

Any thoughts?

Yep, sorry. You have a really high resolution display, and probably cranked up your system font magnification significantly to be able to read them. I never got around to implementing “auto-resize” in the TabloRipper GUI which would have allowed it to better “scale” to your configuration.

Yep, Windows display properties is set to a “custom scale factor is set”, and I can’t even tell you what percentage it’s set to. If I were to guess, it’s probably 125-150%, based on the amount I have to scroll. :slight_smile: Whatever it is, icons and txt is readable, and I spend 90% of my life in SSH sessions, so I’m happy.

Thanks again for your program. Saved hours of my life deleting ~300 recordings.

1 Like

I’m new to Tablo - and I’m really interested in contributing to this project - was super happy to see that the project was hosted on github but it looks like it isn’t public (the code that is).

Is there a formal way to help out?