Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Thanks for the response so I can always burn them to a dvd. You app did help me save a great Tom Waits performance and some other great shows so thanks again!

1 Like

Glad you found it helpful. Thanks for the feedback!

Hello @CycleJ - Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that the tweaks you made for the folder name change, along with adding the season metadata tweak for Plex, fixed both of those issues.The last issue I had was using a remote file share for storage, after wrestling with it yesterday, I succumbed to using a local share instead, and now everything works as expected - all automated rips using the background service.

Thank you again for the quick, and responsive tweaks - much appreciated. This has certainly helped the WAF!

P.S. Here is the error I received using a remote share to save the recordings - no matter what options/service login/share name/rights/etc… I would continue to receive this error:

4/2/2016 2:36:24 PM Exception: Could not find a part of the path ‘U:\tablotv\tmp’

(although the path was correct, and manual recordings would correctly save using that same path) [Also to note, this was using a Parallels VM with Win 7, saving to a HFS+ folder with OSX ElCapitan]

1 Like

Assuming your shared folder works in the foreground, but not in the background, try changing the user running the background service to ‘you’.

Or your could keep playing with folder permissions till you figure it out. Remember that when you map a drive in windows, it’s only mapped for “your user”. That’s probably why “U:” isn’t found by the background service.

Glad to hear you’re up & running. That’s the important thing :slight_smile:

Hello again.

Been busy this last week or so fighting off a new slew of malware attacks. About under control, but had to do a wipe on the video editing computer. Normally, when I do this I have current backups, but this time I was caught off guard as I had to go through this a few months back and I was lax in getting my backup system work – It was infected also and sat for a good bit before I got it up and running.

Anyways, pretty much have this previously infected computer back up. Working on Tablo Ripper/MCEBuddy reinstalls and see the new version of Tablo Ripper now creates folders for TV Shows. I understand why, but for my process of having MCEBuddy place the converted TV Shows directly into my PLEX server, it really serves no purpose. If I could get MCEBuddy to delete these folders along with the original ripped TV show, all would be well. Unfortunately, MCEBuddy leaves the folders and just deletes the TV Show after it’s been converted and moved to my PLEX server. That means I have to physically do this deleting myself, which only means some more work for me.

So, my question for CycleJ is, is there a method to stop Tablo Ripper from creating these folders?

Thanks for any helps.

-Rodger

That sounds terrible. Usually there’s no substitute for a backup, but a bad backup? Sad.

Meanwhile back to your question, the ‘TV shows’ folder is optional. Just uncheck that option and everything gets ripped into a single folder (which is how I run it too), making life easier for MCEBuddy.

Good luck rebuilding.

1 Like

Thanks CycleJ. I thought I remembered that, but didn’t take the time to try it.

Appreciate the fast response as usual.

-Rodger

1 Like

I wanted to add my thank you to CYCLEJ. Your app worked great! Programs play back great on Plex. Thanks again.

1 Like

Nope, that’s not it.

Tablo Ripper is generating the actual series folder and the season folder for TV Shows. The earlier version I was using didn’t do that.

I have MCEBuddy setup with multiple tasks setup depending on the source folder it finds them in. In the TV Shows folder, it is set to covert TV Shows only. In the TV Movies folder, only TV Movies. The reason I do it this way is in my PLEX TV Shows are in a separate folder from TV Movies. I do this because I have too large a libraries to manage otherwise.

So, what I was asking is, can I somehow stop Tablo Ripper from generating series and season folders in this latest Tablo Ripper version?

Thanks again.

-Rodger

Thanks CycleJ, all is working again as should be. Had to have Separate Episodes checked and Use Plex Naming not checked. That gave me 2 monitor locations (TV Shows/Movies) which I needed to keep to make my particular PLEX setup work as I needed it to. I also tinkered some more with the MCEBuddy settings and now both TV Movies and TV Shows, once converted in MCEBuddy, are properly moved to their respective folders on the PLEX sever and with proper folders/titles produced by MCEBuddy following IMDb/PLEX protocols. Now, I will no longer have to make folders for new series/movies and move content into them – All taken care of by MCEBuddy. Also, no longer have to search thought generated folders coming from Tablo Ripper due to my improper option settings now corrected.

I’m tired, time to go to bed. Night all.

As always, thanks again for your help CycleJ!

-Rodger

1 Like

I’ve moved the project download folder to GitHub. The new link appears in the original post.

Special thanks to @Bruce for his help making it happen.

1 Like

Went there, but can find a download for Tablo Ripper. Maybe it old age eyes, HA.

-Rodger

Scroll down to…
Download…
Release Notes…

It’ll take you here:
https://github.com/cyclej/TabloRipper/wiki/ReleaseNotes

And then you can see the download links for 32-bit, and 64-bit versions.

1 Like

Found it. Didn’t think to look under release notes.

Thanks.

-Rodger

1 Like

I’ve changed the title of the “Release Notes” page on the wiki to “Downloads & Release Notes”. This should make it a bit easier to find.

2 Likes

This new version of Tablo Ripper seems to only do a single rip and then stops for sometime before starting a new one. Is this normal? I see this setting “ServiceSleepMinutes 5 ServiceSleepMinutes” in settings.xml, is this why? I don’t think I had to manually change anything in here before. Since this is fresh install of Windows 10 now, I don’t know if it looks at these settings differently or not either.

Anyways, I have quite a few shows/movies waiting for Tablo Ripper to rip them, so I just what what I can do to speed this along.

Thanks.

-Rodger

I’m at the office, but when I get home I’ll look and see what Tablo Ripper has been up to while I was away. If it’s all caught up, I’m good, but I can still try the beta as well.

Thanks.

-Rodger

Beta installed and working fine by all appearances. It really loads Tablo Ripper interface up nice and near instantly now.

Thanks.

-Rodger

1 Like

The last updated non-beta version seems OK. I’ve not touched it since the install and it is finding all recordings as Tablo produces them. Sends them to MCEBuddy’s watch folders and deletes the original recording from Tablo. MCEBuddy takes over and makes a backup copy for archiving of the original title, then converts a copy, removing all advertising. Makes sure the naming convention is PLEX compatible and moves the finish title to my PLEX server’s TV Movies or TV Shows folders depending on content. It also will produce Title folders if required now, so I don’t have a “stinking” thing to do with this anymore. All is well in the world again!

Thanks CycleJ.

-Rodger

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions and all your help testing that they work. Both caching and background service simplification are good additions/refinements to the app. Keep the ideas coming.