Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

I have time this morning… just grabbed 1.4.4. No change… see attached.

Yes, apples vs. oranges… I was referring to what’s in the tablo recordings window in TR
I guess we’ve come to expect a format in TR like in earlier versions… showtitle - episode - episodetitle +optionals. As long as I get the first two correct, I’m ok with it as I strip all that away by manual rename once I’ve removed commercials. Your call.

Great,

I personally prefer the format as in my last post (showtitle - episode - episodetitle + optionals). I use Plex to get the details when I add the shows to my TV series folders. I presume you are trying to do that also with TR somehow?

I just randomly picked a bunch of shows to record a few minutes ago… They show as incomplete(as they should). Where there is no episode number(s01e01) the first 20 or so characters of the description are used… very nice!

Notice the Nature Adventures entry. The View appears to be a longstanding series… season 19… wow.

Anyway, my 2 cent’s worth…

:smile:
CCR

OK, 1.4.5 is perfect!!! Many thanks for your efforts.

1 Like

Release Year in still showing full date instead of just the year. Looks great other than that!

Here’s a new 32-bit version that supports the latest Tablo update 2.2.8, and it also has some debugging info that’d be handy to resolve the service installation problem.

When you get a chance, could you enable logging, attempt to install the service, and PM me your log file (found here: C:\ProgramData\TabloRipper)?

Here is a screen capture of Tablo:

As you can see Tablo does list the episode description.

I wouldn’t have requested this if it was going to be so hard. I’m sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.

Phil

I’m ripping a show now with v1.4.5.

I’ll post a screen shot of tablo showing the recording listing & one of the Plex listing. Would that help any?

@CycleJ Did you see my request about the date of airing showing instead series release year?

Totally lost in the recent chatter. Explain please?

The Flash (2014) is what plex is looking for & its giving me The Flash (2015-11-15)

OK Here goes.

Here is the screen shot:

The easiest one to explain is this: This should be listed were in the screen shot shows Episode 52.

Thanksgiving Is Two Days Away, and Chef Anne Burrell Is in the House With Rachael to Help Two of Their Worst Cooks in America Team Members!

The above is actually the episode name not the description.

The description for this episode is:

Chef Anne Burrell teaches Jenni “JWoww” Farley and Ellen Cleghorne how to carve a turkey; Candace Cameron Bure (“The View”) makes candy acorns and other sweet treats; apple, bacon and camembert sandwiches made with pork or chicken.

There isn’t a airing date listed. It is only showing just dots.

Here is the Tags Summary in Plex:

The summary here should actually be listed under Title and Sort Order.

This should have been listed under summary:

Chef Anne Burrell teaches Jenni “JWoww” Farley and Ellen Cleghorne how to carve a turkey; Candace Cameron Bure (“The View”) makes candy acorns and other sweet treats; apple, bacon and camembert sandwiches made with pork or chicken.

And the airdate should have been listed under Original Airdate.

Here is a snapshot of the Tablo listing. I have highlighted in blue what the show description is.

I tried to explain it as complete as I could. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you deem necessary.

Thanks

Phil

I was seeing this on previous versions of ripper. I was on 2.2.7 then. It was before we started having issue with information not showing up.

Ok sounds good!

You have it so close… lol - Nice work…

Here is a Plex screen grab…

Everything is correct except for the Episode Name. It is showing the airdate instead.

Here is the Tag Summary…

Here is the Tablo Recording Listing…

As you can see everything is correct except for the episode name which should be:

Thanksgiving Special: A Fighting Chance

Thank you for the patience you have shown me. It is very much appreciated.

Phil

This has to be the most disgusting thread at this forum. It shows people co-operating with each other to solve problems. How sickening to see a contributor, people assisting him, progress and results. Come effing on! And the language isn’t inflammatory - oh for heaven’s sakes! Helping the product become better - what the hell is happening here!!! STOP THIS MADNESS!!!

1 Like

LMAO :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gotta run out for a little while. Should be back in a hour or two…

Downloading new version now. Will report back in a bit…

Happy Happy Days… :heart_eyes: :sunglasses:

The tags are now perfect! At least for this show… lmao

Here are a couple of screen grabs…

Plex is happy as a pig in slop… Which we do have one of those outside. It’s my son’s show pig for 4h… I digress…

Thank you CycleJ for all of your work. I’ll try a bunch of different daytime shows to make sure it works. I’m guessing it will work perfect.

Again Thanks

Phil

2 Likes

That’s wonderful! Thanks for hanging in there with me. I really appreciate constructive comments that help me make it better for everyone. Because, why not?

2 Likes