Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

I have the same question… It seems to strip them out of the recordings.

I am getting this error.

Please help?

Tablo had problems with their server yesterday and it appears that it may still be causing problems with Tablo Ripper.

You can still access your Tablo by typing in it’s IP address.

If you don’t know your Tablo’s address, you can go to the settings page in most Tablo apps and find it near the bottom of the page. It should start with 192.xxx.x.xxx unless you have reserved a different address on your router.

1 Like

As always, step #1 is to enable logging, try the failed action again, and look in the log file. If you can’t figure out what the log shows, then copy the error section from the log and post it here. I’ll try to take a look.

@CycleJ I think we are all encountering the same issue, and I’m not sure if it’s related to the Tablo outage yesterday or just a coincidence. Specifying the IP address of the Tablo allows Tablo Ripper to function normally. To recreate the error I started Tablo Ripper, made sure IP address was empty and just clicked Refresh. Here is the entire log for that attempt…

5/31/2020 6:05:05 PM btnRefresh_Click
5/31/2020 6:05:05 PM GetTabloList
5/31/2020 6:05:05 PM InvokeApi
5/31/2020 6:05:26 PM Exception: Unable to connect to the remote server
5/31/2020 6:05:46 PM GetRecordingList_Selected
5/31/2020 6:05:46 PM GetTabloList
5/31/2020 6:05:46 PM InvokeApi
5/31/2020 6:06:07 PM Exception: Unable to connect to the remote server
5/31/2020 6:06:09 PM GetTabloRecordingList
5/31/2020 6:06:09 PM InvokeApi
5/31/2020 6:06:09 PM Exception: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
5/31/2020 6:06:10 PM Running as user: notepad.exe C:\ProgramData\TabloRipper\TabloRipper.log in C:\Program Files\TabloRipper\

I tried to call up log and I got a message that it was too large for notepad.

Fyi. I was finally able to enter ip address. Its works. But seems to be a little odd. Testing recording.

CycleJ, I’ve been doing software development for 20 years now. I’d like to volunteer to help support Tablo Ripper. I guess you can send me a message through the forum here and we’ll figure out better means to communicate after that. Thanks!

@Nilex @whbyrd @bosimpson @ @mjremijan

Would some brave soul please download/install version 2.4.2 (from the GitHub site) and provide feedback?

Thanks!

OBTW - I really wish people would stick to posting in this topic instead of creating new topics when problems arise. Please?

1 Like

I downloaded and I’m running v 2.4.2 64 bit. It is once again allowing me to select which Tablo I’m looking for by name and not just ip address.
Thanks.

1 Like

works

1 Like

Same here. I got v2.4.2 and when it started it found my Tablo and got the list of recordings. No error dialog. Foreground download worked as well.

1 Like

Working for me as well.

1 Like

Thanks for all the testing, I’ll finalize the update.

Everyone that doesn’t have this new version will get a notification next time they open the app.

Forever thankful for your effort on this software. Update works like a charm.

1 Like

Hi - recently updated to the newest version for the TLS update, and now each time I open the Tablo Ripper app, the background service reports that the connection to my Tablo has been lost. When the app finishes refreshing, the background service then immediately reports the connection has been reestablished. What’s causing the interaction/interference now?

As always, the first step is to enable logging, repeat the operation, open the log and take a look at the end of the file to see what just happened. If nothing pops out at you, please send me your log (using a PM) and I’ll take a look.

The step I always forget - disable logging once you’re past the issue - it just takes up space!

CycleJ,

Love the program and typically, it works great. I typically select which episodes I want to rip and occasionally, (like now) it will “hang” and give a note like “-2,147,483,648% In The Heat Of The Night” and will not start ripping. I can look at the program on Tablo and the only difference I see is that this episode starts with a “under 14 year old” viewer warning. I have updated to the latest version of Ripper (2.4.2) which made no difference. Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Steve

Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks,

Steve

The “% complete” is a rough estimation based on the reported file size for each episode selected. That data is not always correct, but doesn’t influence how, or how long, it takes to rip.

My advice is to ignore any display anomalies. I’m not sure why a given episode would fail to rip, but that’s what the log file is for.