Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Nevermind. I reinstalled the software (same version) and that seems to have fixed it.

I “watch” this topic so new posts result in an email, so you’re in the best place to get help.

And I’m glad you got it going again so quickly.

I have just used ver 2.4.1 to rip several shows. I have plex naming as an option. Every file is named okay, but each file name ends in 200000, (i.e. [Show Title] - [sxxexx] - [Date] - 200000.mp4). Where is “200000” coming from, and is there a way to remove/stop it?

Allright, I figured out where the 20000 comes from. It is the time it was recorded (and/or aired?). Is there a way to remove the [Time] from the naming conventions?

It appears to not be adding the 20000 anymore??? Maybe I changed some settings after I added shows to be transfered.

I have plex naming selected. Is there any method to edit this setting? For instance, I have some shows that on the tablo are titled “[Title] on Masterpiece”: Poldark on Masterpiece, Endeavour on Masterpiece, etc. This may be technically correct, but as far as TVDB is concerned, it should just be Poldark or Endeavour - dropping the “on Masterpiece”. Is there anyway to implement this with the current app?

The date and time get added to the filename based on the contents (or lack of) in the tablo guide date.

A few years ago, I was having issues with shows that were missing episode titles, seasons and episode numbers. So date and time were appended to the filename. Seasons and episode numbers were created from the aired date. Time was specifically appended in case the show aired twice in one day.

1 Like

TabloRipper attempts to be flexible with file naming, but tweaking tablo guide data isn’t an available option. I suggest you resolve Plex matching failures manually, either by renaming the video file or selecting the “fix match” option in Plex.

Thank you - works great.

1 Like

Hi, is there a way to adjust the settings (audio/video quality, bitrate, file format, etc.) with this program?

Take a look at the FAQ. There’s a question on changing FFMPEG options along with a “how to” answer. FFMPEG has good support and there are plenty of examples for different settings to be found on the net.

For some reason Tablo Ripper stopped working and I keep getting this error.

So, what changed? Looks like your Tablo isn’t being seen on the network?

As always, use the configuration tab to enable logging, then take a look at the log file (there’s a link at the top) to get a better idea of what’s going on.

Nothing has changed, the only ‘change’ is that I am getting that error message now and the Tablo isn’t showing up… okay, that might cause the error.
‘Tablo Exporter’ saw the Tablo right away when Tablo Ripper could not.

So, what does your log file show?

2019-12-06 12:17:49 PM InitClient
2019-12-06 12:17:49 PM Config: C:\ProgramData\TabloRipper\
2019-12-06 12:17:50 PM GetTabloList
2019-12-06 12:17:50 PM InvokeApi
2019-12-06 12:17:50 PM JSON: {"success": true, "error": {"message": "None found", "code": 80}}
2019-12-06 12:17:50 PM Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2019-12-06 12:17:54 PM GetRecordingList_Selected
2019-12-06 12:17:54 PM GetTabloList
2019-12-06 12:17:54 PM InvokeApi
2019-12-06 12:17:54 PM JSON: {"success": true, "error": {"message": "None found", "code": 80}}
2019-12-06 12:17:54 PM Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2019-12-06 12:17:56 PM GetTabloRecordingList
2019-12-06 12:17:56 PM InvokeApi
2019-12-06 12:17:56 PM Exception: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
2019-12-06 12:17:57 PM Running as user: notepad.exe C:\ProgramData\TabloRipper\TabloRipper.log in C:\Program Files\TabloRipper\

Thanks - your log shows TabloRipper was looking for your Tablo, but couldn’t find it. I can’t explain why Tablo Exporter did find it (assuming it was running on the same computer). I believe they both use the same discovery method.

However, if you assign a static IP address (using your router) to your Tablo, then you can enter that into TabloRipper and it won’t bother looking. It’ll just connect directly.

Did a complete virus scan, detected and removed some threats…
There we go! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t have guessed that one. Well done!

1 Like

Oh, not again!
2019-12-07 12:54:14 PM Exception: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
All I did was changed one of the ffmpeg options.
I wonder if it’s the Windows Firewall.

Changing an FFMPEG option should not result in that particular error.

Context helps when looking at the log file - was it just after the “GetTabloRecordingList” step again? If so, it’s the same problem you saw last time around.

Yes it is.
Disabled the firewall in Windows, that wasn’t the issue after all.