Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Since Tablo has added comskip, will Ripper be able to grab the commercial free videos for use with PLEX?

Sorry, no. It’s designed to be used with MCEBuddy.

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand that when a video is ripped from Tablo, it is converted to MP4. I assume it has been compressed also. If i want no conversion done to a video by mcbuddy and just comskip activated, what are your suggested settings. I am playing back using Roku and PLEX.

Thanks

Bill

MCEBuddy does have its own documentation and support. But here’s a link to get you started.

I’d suggest the “MP4 Unprocessed” profile.

Using the latest versions of Tablo and Tablo ripper, on two different computers, one running Win 7 64 and the other Win 8 64, the program automatically identifies the Tablo and downloads the programs on the drive. Once files are selecting for ripping and START is selected BOTH computers return a 503 error saying it cannot find the very same tablo that it just read files from. And then, just to put a little salt in the wound, after clicking OK on the error message it goes back and rereads all those files from the Tablo again…the same one it just said it couldnt connect with!

Step #1, as always, is to enable logging in the app, try the same sequence of events, then open the log file and look for the error message. If the problem’s not obvious, snip out 20-30 lines before/after the error and send them to me using a PM. I’ll take a look.

I believe I have resolved the problem and the solution starts with;
I am a dumbass.

If you would like more you may PM me, otherwise I will leave it at that. Thank you. The program now works.

That’s tops in efficiency! Not only asking a question, but answering it yourself :+1:

Happy ripping!

I can’t figure out how to post this as a new topic after going to the main Tablo link (per your request CycleJ). So I hope you’ll find this.

The tablo window won’t appear. I tried closing the program and restarting it, and saw the loading window but couldn’t see the main screen where it would show me my programs. So I rebooted my computer and tried again. Same thing. Task Manager on my Windows 10 PC says its running but I just can’t see it.

Nevermind. I reinstalled the software (same version) and that seems to have fixed it.

I “watch” this topic so new posts result in an email, so you’re in the best place to get help.

And I’m glad you got it going again so quickly.

I have just used ver 2.4.1 to rip several shows. I have plex naming as an option. Every file is named okay, but each file name ends in 200000, (i.e. [Show Title] - [sxxexx] - [Date] - 200000.mp4). Where is “200000” coming from, and is there a way to remove/stop it?

Allright, I figured out where the 20000 comes from. It is the time it was recorded (and/or aired?). Is there a way to remove the [Time] from the naming conventions?

It appears to not be adding the 20000 anymore??? Maybe I changed some settings after I added shows to be transfered.

I have plex naming selected. Is there any method to edit this setting? For instance, I have some shows that on the tablo are titled “[Title] on Masterpiece”: Poldark on Masterpiece, Endeavour on Masterpiece, etc. This may be technically correct, but as far as TVDB is concerned, it should just be Poldark or Endeavour - dropping the “on Masterpiece”. Is there anyway to implement this with the current app?

The date and time get added to the filename based on the contents (or lack of) in the tablo guide date.

A few years ago, I was having issues with shows that were missing episode titles, seasons and episode numbers. So date and time were appended to the filename. Seasons and episode numbers were created from the aired date. Time was specifically appended in case the show aired twice in one day.

1 Like

TabloRipper attempts to be flexible with file naming, but tweaking tablo guide data isn’t an available option. I suggest you resolve Plex matching failures manually, either by renaming the video file or selecting the “fix match” option in Plex.

Thank you - works great.

1 Like

Hi, is there a way to adjust the settings (audio/video quality, bitrate, file format, etc.) with this program?

Take a look at the FAQ. There’s a question on changing FFMPEG options along with a “how to” answer. FFMPEG has good support and there are plenty of examples for different settings to be found on the net.

For some reason Tablo Ripper stopped working and I keep getting this error.

So, what changed? Looks like your Tablo isn’t being seen on the network?

As always, use the configuration tab to enable logging, then take a look at the log file (there’s a link at the top) to get a better idea of what’s going on.