Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

does this ripper only allow you to export shows from tablo or are you able to also put shows on tablo (in other words is it one way only or bidirectional) ?

All the rippers are one way. There’s no API to add a show to the Tablo’s database.

I want to set ripper time to rip to 10pm tp 8am. How do I do this?

Bill

I didn’t make that time range cross midnight. But unless you record LOTS of stuff daily, it shouldn’t need to run more than a hour or two.

Is there any way to also include the Closed Captions when ripping?

Although I haven’t played with them, there are several discussions on closed captions if you search this forum. TabloRipper supports running an external command which allows you to run something like “ccextractor”.

Oh, so they’re in the files already? I didn’t notice since it seems that it’s not detected by any of my software players or Emby server.

I use ccextractor with Tablo Ripper and it works well.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. CCExtractor worked great, though it took a while to rip all the CC in my recordings. Never realized that CC were encoded into broadcasts in such a unique way, though now that I think about it, it makes sense.

So you know, now that you’re caught up, you can hook it up inside TabloRipper to extract captions as each show is ripped.

Is there any way to take Tabl Ripper out of my start up and still be able to access it? When I take it out of start menu it does not allow me to connect to the remote server

The reason I want to do this it really slows down my boot up time

I also was wondering if I download the update from Tablo will my Tablo Ripper still work or will I need to update to the latest version of TR

There’s no reason to add TabloRipper to your Windows StartUp group. The program icon merely invokes the GUI, not the background service. And it’s the service that rips new programs automatically, no GUI required.

Program updates uninstall the old version, replacing it with a newer version. Your local configuration is untouched, so there’s nothing required on your part beyond installing the update.

Tablo Ripper is listed in applications in start up menu and when I disable it I cannot connect to the remote server

Is that not the case with the latest version of TR and if so can you provide me a link for the latest version of TR?

Windows has both a ‘start menu’, and a ‘startup group’. The menu merely lets you access programs using a shortcut. The group is a list of programs that run when you boot your PC. The latter affects startup time, so don’t add TabloRipper to that group. It’s unnecessary.

I’m not understanding your issue. Perhaps a screen shot would help?

The current (and final) version can be downloaded using the link found in the first post of this thread.

Have any of the firmware updates broken this? It worked fine for me a couple months ago when I first downloaded it. Now, at least a couple Tablo updates later, I’m trying to use it again and it’s not showing my Tablo in the dropdown box. Nothing has changed re: the network. Only the device firmware has changed since I used it successfully probably in May or early June. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. Version 2.4.1.

Hello CycleJ,

Just stopped by to look at any posts on the new Tablo update. Curious if it’s working correctly, or at least well enough to bother with. Your Tablo Ripper is ripping fine and I have done multiple hardware upgrades (actually, it’s really 2 versions later in computer hardware). I would have to say you have given each one of us using this software a wonderful gift, and I really do appreciate it – Again, and again.

Just wanted to say hello. Take care.

-Rodger

2 Likes

OK – just discovered that my Tablo name (Tablo) doesn’t show up in the dropdown box, nor does it recognize it when I type it in, but I just manually entered the device IP and it started loading recordings.