Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Was using the next to the last version 2.2.1 (I update infrequently) and just saw auto-check for the latest version for the first time… Love it! Using the latest version right now. Also finally got around to updating MCE Buddy for the first time in months, so doing a couple of test runs now.

Tablo Ripper has sure come a long way since the first release. Well done, CycleJ! I really appreciate your continued efforts.

2 Likes

@CycleJ can I use your program on a old Vista PC I’m running Plex on?

Well I’ve installed tablo ripper on to the computer and downloaded the ffmpeg file and that’s where I have trouble finding that file. But I’ll try this .Net you suggested

I did exactly as you posted but I’m not computer savvy lol but I can’t find that file when I’m in the tablo ripper program… Thanks for taking some time trying to help out. Is their a more direct way to contact you so I don’t take up room here.

Feature request: I record a lot of sports and when they are ripped they all end up in the movie folder. Could you add an option to use “series” naming conventions for sports and place them in a separate folder. So instead of ending up with “Movies\Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys” you get something like “Sports\NFL\Season 2017\NFL – s2017e1234567 - Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys”.

I have had Tablo Ripper working for a long time, but ever since upgrading to the latest version 2.2.4, it is no longer automatically ripping. I works fine when I run it in the foreground, but not background.

I looked at the selection filters from within the app, and everything looks fine separated by commas. I then looked at the settings file and found “&” that was not visible from the app. It was for Law & Order SVU. I removed that and just put “Law” in the settings file. That appears to have fixed it. It didn’t like the semicolon. It was strange that it was even there, as not visible from the app.

Thanks for adding separation for sports. I have tried the beta. Very helpful that it does put sports in a separate “Sports” directory. If you could prepend the title with the yyyy-mm-dd so that events sort to the correct order that would be great.

This mean you are going to try and get the codes back for Tablo to play on Plex again? If so thanks in advance…

Ok- thanks for the checking back…

Version 2.2.5 has been released (you can pick it up here) to improve support for ripping ‘sporting events’, and eliminate the need to download FFMPEG separately.

1 Like

Just wanted to pop in quickly and give props to Tablo Ripper… it’s awesome… I have it set up to automatically rip every night and it keep my tablo HD with plenty of space… :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I suspect there are a few people that find it useful, but it’s always nice to hear about it :grinning:

1 Like

More than a few. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Many, many more than a few. I’ve been waiting for the comments on this thread to reach the magic 1,000 - an amazing testament to how central Tablo Ripper is to Tablo full stop.

1 Like

I just started using Tablo Ripper and wanted to say thanks for making such a useful app.

1 Like

I know that the app is supposed to rip in the background but when does it do this? Does the app check so often? Can someone tell me how it works.

I thought it was a nightly process aka overnight while you sleep.

Do I close the app or leave it open?

There are two components installed. The first is a GUI that’s used to configure the app, but can also rip recordings you select in the foreground. The second is a Windows service (that you can enable/disable). It’s job is to find ‘new’ recordings that match your filters, and rip them in the background. It wakes up once every 5 minutes and takes a look.

So, no, you don’t need to leave the GUI open.