Tablo Reoccuring Issues

I’ve had my 4 tuner Tablo for 4 months and the HD I’m using is WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (WDBU6Y0020BBK-NESN).

After about a month or when the HD gets about 98% full, any device fails to connect or play live or recorded TV. I think it’s related to the HD because if I remove the HD, it seems to connect without issue.

Last month I completed the firmware update that was mentioned on this forum however that doesn’t appear to have helped as it reoccurred this weekend.

Is this something that will be resolved with the new update? Should I try a different HD brand? I am at a loss at what to do but I just want this to work without requiring my attention from my wife every 2-4 weeks.

Thanks

I think 98% full is too much. I believe the Tablo uses part of the hard drive as a sort of swap file location for things like Bif file generation, and storing data.

I agree but I have auto deletion enabled, does that feature not work like it should? If manual deletions are required, then I will do that or record less.

Have a look here