Tablo recorded football without being schduled

I’m in Toronto but obviously it came from a Buffalo NY station. I didn’t notice which one before I deleted the recording.

Looks like geographically it’s been narrowed down to somewhere on the North American continent. Progress!

weird, mine did the same thing, the Pro bowl game,?? weird,

Same here, recorded AFC vs. NFC Pro Bowl on Tablo w/ 2.2.16 without me scheduling. Located in Aurora, IL 60504.

Hi folks -

Our server team has been sorting through piles of data over the last few days and we believe we’ve (mostly) gotten to the bottom of this mystery.

Over the past week, guide and image data associated with NFL airings changed several times. This frequency of data change is extremely rare and we are working with our guide data provider to understand why this occurred.

When series or airing data changes, Tablo will run checks to ensure it has the most up-to-date information and when possible ensure that recording schedules are retained across these changes.

However, because of the unprecedented frequency of changes we saw with NFL data last week, a bug was triggered in Tablo’s scheduling software which caused the unilateral scheduling of the ProBowl airing.

The good news is that this ‘perfect storm’ is an unlikely event and we also understand what changes need to be made to Tablo’s scheduling software to eliminate the scheduling problem for good.

Thanks for your patience as we worked to sort through the clues to this mystery.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what would have caused some of us to not encounter the issue? Was it indeed something related to show IDs and I’m the weird guy who doesn’t watch the show everyone else apparently does? :slight_smile:

“unprecedented frequency of changes”. If the actual user tablo unit only updates the guide data once a day in the AM, wouldn’t the frequency of an actual user tablo unit checking or phoning home be only once per day.

And it’s not that unusual to have specific episode data change within a week. Or maybe the actual user tablo unit is phoning home (or the Nuvyyo servers are contacting the user table unit) more then we think.

It may be that your Tablo didn’t ‘see’ some of the changes. Everyone’s Tablo checks in at a slightly different time frame. Some guide data is cached regionally as well.

That meant some Tablo units ‘saw’ the flurry of changes which caused it to go “WHAT IS GOING ON!!! Holy crap!!! Maybe I should schedule this??? I’m so confused!!!”

Some Tablo units may have only seen 1 or 2 changes which was easily handled.

Oops.

When Nuvyyo refers to the tablo database, I keep thinking it’s a database that conforms to ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability). And that it’s schema has proper field definition, bounds, and constraints to reject obnoxious data.

And that since the data is arriving from an external source as part of the data’s transformation into the local database format it gets scrub.

I just checked and it recorded without being scheduled. I was on .17 at the time…just updated to .18.

I think it is possible something in the new firmware. I deleted the game to get disk space back.

Same event was recorded on Tablo firmware v2.2.16, by the way.

I was and am still on 2.2.16, so it’s not the new firmware

Same here!