Tablo Plex Channel - Tablo Connect?

@Davidvr @theuser86, we are talking internal IPs right? Not external…

@Jestep, it will work with either internal or external addresses as long as the right port is forwarded from the external address

@Davidvr I assume single Tablo though if that is used?

@jestep yes it will only work with a single tablo , I want to support multiple units but it is almost a complete rewrite of the code

@Davidvr, wait, if I use the internal IP of my second tablo it should work right??? I thought that was the point of the override?

@Jestep Yes if you use the internal IP of the second tablo in the override it will work. What I was talking about is that I would like to rewrite the plugin to aggregate all of the shows from multiple tablo’s into a single view

@Davidvr ah yes that would be different, but totally cool :slight_smile: lol

I would suggest some sort of limitation on the recordings though, my wife does not delete too often so on hers she has a TON of shows :wink:

@Jestep

I was talking external IPs as my Plex Media Server and Tablo are not on the same local network.

@theuser86 @jestep I just got word that the changes are merged, try closing plex then relaunching it. The build should be .992

Still 991 for me

So I tried updating manually and it just spun… Tried uninstalling, clearing the files, etc now installing only spins.

Uninstalled and installed. The VERSION file in the Contents folder now states “97ea592 (Thu Dec 11 22:21:44 UTC 2014)”. However, I cannot set the IP override unless the actual channels shows up under the Home screen in the Plex Media Server. The Tablo icon only shows up there when I have first connected to the Tablo. This is not possible as the Tablo is on another network. Kind of like the chicken and egg paradox.

@Davidvr

When I connect my computer running PMS to my VPN server so the computer is now on the "same" network as the Tablo, in the "Installed Plug-ins" screen in PMS, I can click on the Tablo channel and then click on Browse, but it does not connect and then goes to a screen that asks me for my Plex username and password (I am not a Plex Pass member).

@Davidvr interesting here:

Has a whole bunch of errors after the uninstall all look like the last 2 and just keeps logging it

Dec 11, 2014 15:32:38 [0x10d47b000] DEBUG - Removing /Users/johnestep/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Tablo.bundle.
Dec 11, 2014 15:32:38 [0x10d47b000] DEBUG - Waiting for all 0 plug-ins to finish starting.
Dec 11, 2014 15:32:38 [0x10d47b000] DEBUG - Removing [com.plexapp.plugins.tablo] from the database, it’s no longer with us.
Dec 11, 2014 15:32:38 [0x10d47b000] DEBUG - Done waiting for all plug-ins to start.
Dec 11, 2014 15:32:38 [0x104d6d000] WARN - Warning: Couldn’t check file: /Users/johnestep/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Tablo.bundle/Contents
Dec 11, 2014 15:32:38 [0x104d6d000] WARN - Warning: Couldn’t check file: /Users/johnestep/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Tablo.bundle/Contents/Code

@theuser86 If you hover your mouse over the tablo icon, you should see a gear that you can click on

@Davidvr Yep that gear icon is only available when the Tablo channel is shown under the Home screen or the Channels screen. It is not shown there but only under the Installed Plug-ins screen (you get there from the Channels screen by hitting Install Channels, More… and then Installed Plug-ins). Right now the Tablo icon is not shown under the Home screen or the Channels screen, but does show up under Installed Plug-ins.

@theuser86 I may have a workaround, I’m not sure why the channel isn’t showing but past the following into /Plug-in Support/Preferences/com.plexapp.plugins.tablo.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
  YOURIPorDNSNAMEHERE

@Davidvr
I edited the appropriate XML file and included the DNS name first, that didn't work, then included the actual IP address and that didn't work. Each time I closed down the PMS and restarted the server. I even restarted the Tablo channel within Plex.

On my router running DD-WRT, I have 4 ports forwarded to the Tablo. The three ports of 21102, 21100 21101 to 8887, 80, 443, respectively. And of course 18080 to 18080. Tablo Connect (remote connection) works on the iPad Air and iPhone 5 (so it appears the port forwarding is working well).

Plex Media Server version: 0.9.11.4 (newest version)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all the help so far!

@Davidvr, any help would be appreciated. Just hangs there for a super long time, then it thinks it is installed but does not show up

@Jestep, shutdown plex, go to your plex application support folder and delete anything with Tablo in the name and then try installing it.