Tablo for Plex - Now available in the Plex Channel Store

First of all, a big THANKS to @PiX64 and @Davidvr

I have two issues:

1.- While accessing remotely Tablo channel using Plex in a Firefox browser on my work PC.  I have not been able to play Live nor Recordings.  I get the following message: "Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied".  So, I went into the settings for the web and turned off direct play and direct stream and that did not work either, I got the following message: "Cannot load M3U*: 404 not found".  

2.- While trying to remotely access Tablo channel using Plex on a Samsung Galaxy S5, when I click on Tablo icon it says: "No items to display. This directory appears to be empty."

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Well I got my Plex Server updated last night and finally had a chance at work to give it a re-try - no go. 

When I try to play a recorded show or LiveTV I’m still getting: “Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied”.  
When I turned off direct play and direct stream,  the message changed to : “There was a problem playing this item” 

Bob

@bromo999 @vvillarr This is a issue with Plex itself outside of our control. What you can do is turn off Direct Play in the web client settings and that should resolve it, if it still doesn’t work try turning off direct stream. 

@Davidvr

Thanks for the information, I did actually run it with Direct Play off and then both D Play and D Stream turned off and it didn’t seem to change anything but the error message.   BUT this is not exactly a urgent problem for me, like I said earlier, I only posted the error in case it was one of those…“Oh yeh…” kinda bugs, and really appreciate the helpful responses from everyone here.  

But  Tablo Connect works flawlessly on both my Iphone and Ipad if I’m out of the house. In the house I’m using ROKU and the Tablo works both in Plex and out.  

My kids have all (well, almost all) moved out so I don’t really see 4 tuners not being enough (I’ve been living for years with Verizon FiOS’s  2-at-a-time limit [as long as you watch ONE of them], so I’m fine with 4). 

So I suspect this issue will be resolved long before it bothers me enough to get out the pitchforks and lanterns. 

Bob 

Can’t seem to get the channel installed on a mac-based PMS.  Install spins endlessly, reports as installed but doesn’t show up in the channel list… Sounds like what django363 is experiencing.   Any logs you’d like to see?  Where would I find them?

EDIT:  Firmware update for my Tablo seemed to resolve the issue.  Whoops, should have checked that before posting!  Sorry guys.  Haven’t fully tested, but seems to be working great for live TV!

My Tablo Plex plugin doesn’t show the complete list of recordings I have. I tried to uninstall and re-install the plugin and deleted the com.*.tablo folders, but still no luck. 

Any ideas?

TIA.

Until very recently it only handled TV shows.  Now it understands Movies.   But the code hasn’t be replicated to handle Sports… I’m sure all of this will get fixed up eventually.

(not sure if that’s what you are seeing or not… just thought I’d mention it)

on Amazon Fire TV, accessing Tablo TV via Plex, all recordings display as individual files without any grouping.    Is it possible to have recordings for each show listed in their own folder so that individual episodes of a particular show are grouped in separate folders?    Right now seems rather disorganized.

I just got my 4-tuner unit and am trying to install the Plex channel and having exactly the same problem as Django363 which appears to be unresolved.

I have had Plex installed for some time, working well.  Updated to latest release.  Went to Channels, found TabloTV and click install.  It spins and spins forever.  Tried waiting, never completes or times out.  Cancel or close and go back to channels.  TabloTV is NOT there.  I browse to find it again and it says it is installed (offers Browse, update, Uninstall options).  I checked the Plex plugin folder and Tablo.bundle is there with files contained inside.

Have tried uninstalling, wiping out the .bundle directory, reinstalling, closing Plex Server, restarting, and so on, exactly the same things Django363 tried and with the same results.

Please help me get this channel installed, either through the install procedure or manually.

Thanks
@Davidvr - I have a ZIp with the logs from Tablo install on the Plex server after he failed install, not sure how to attach, don't see an option.

C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs\PMS Plugin Logs\Tablo

I sent the logs a few weeks back, any idea?  Still have the same issue.  I guess I’m at the point of unisntalling Plex, no idea how long it is going to take to index my stuff again, but no other ideas at this point.

PlexServer is one of my last ditch attempt to get Tablo working in a way that the family can use… Chromecast doesn’t work reliably enough via Android, works via Computer OK, Android doesn’t work in general, purchased as Roku 3, waiting for that, though PlexServer might be another option…

Gracias.

Django,

After further experimenting I found a solution.

I installed another channel (YouTube, but probably any would do).  It installed properly.  Then I went back and installed the Tablo channel.  It took longer than YouTube, but installed properly.  I tested some of the recordings and they appeared to play smoothly and normally.

I hope this helps you also.

@inifinitemonkeys - I re-installed Plex and was able to get it to install and work properly. 

@Davidvr, so if I go into scheduled recordings I get “This channel is not responding.” on my PC, but in the app on android I get directory is empty.

Also after watching Live TV and going back out and try to come back into Tablo Channel I get the following:

@Jestep Email me the Tablo logs from the plugins folder

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:"

Maybe I don’t have your email

@Davidvr, ok it appears to be a Plex App issue as I could recreate with CBS and another app. Just go in to the channel, come out, go in, come out… Do that a few times and then I get the same error on them all …

The published solution to this is to clear the cache for the Plex app through the Android app manager (which on my phone takes some time… but this will fix the problem, albeit very temporarily).

@cjcox, yep, but the real solution is they need to fix this… THis is a more recent bug

There are a lot of problems with the plex app.  I think it would help for Nuvyyo to manage all the apps together, at least be uniform in functionality… they don’t have to look identical, but it’s weird the wide range of behavior between web, roku, plex, etc… often times similar graphics doing entirely different things.

(they get a pass for trying to rush things out the door… but now I’m hoping they can do a quality software release)

Plex app is not Nuvyyo. Only the channel in the Plex app is a third party, so still not them. But the issue is with the Plex app itself, so not their issue either. So not sure what you mean.