Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

Jestep -

First off thank you very much for this app.  I just off loaded 161 episodes off my Tablo - took a few hours but well worth the minimal effort required.  This is a fantastic tool for those who want to off load to Plex or some other media server.  It would be even sweeter if the following suggestions could be implemented:
1.  File names that use the standardized S01E04 type format.  Keeps Plex users from having to rename every file.
2.  The ability to select format - such as MKV, AVI etc.
3.  Last but not least, how about the option to DELETE the Tablo hard disk file after off loading?

Keep up the awesome work.  This is an addon that I personally would pay for - its worth it

#1 you can use the free FileBot to fix that

#2 you can use Handbrake  (though I think ffmpeg has an output option for mkv)

Yes #3 will probably never happen unless tablo opens that up via api

Thank you for the solutions for naming and format.  Too bad there isn’t an easy way to get rid of the tablo files without using the Tablo web interface. :frowning:  

They were supposed to be working on an api doc. Just not sure where that is.plus what if it exports and isn’t correct?

You can still run from command line for multiple shows and then send me any errors and what was happening

Thanks again!  Exported 10 multiple episode shows from command line with no reported errors.  Everything looks great….

Glad to hear it is working. Anyone else have any issues on the new version?

I had no issues with version 0.02b.

Thanks again for making such a tool available!

Cheers.

1 Like

Where can I get this program from? I am not seeing a download link anywhere.

Couple other things you may or may not need to do but it’s all in this thread…

It was in the link I posted, but you can go here,
http://jettsoft.com/products.html

please read the instructions in Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

@Jestep Seriously awesome. It works great. Much better than the convoluted way I was accessing the Tablo.

Thanks again…For reference I have 32 bit Win 7, 64 bit Win 7, and a Linux box running Ubuntu. If you have any need for testing let me know.

Fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks will do!

Odd problem with LA Forensics show export. It appears to only be able to save one file in the ‘LA Forensics folder’. So if I export multiple episodes it merely overwrites previous export files. if I attempt to do more than one file at a time - the 2nd file reports exporting and never progresses. Eventually I just cancel the hanging export.

One thing which seems to workaround this issue is if I perform only one export at a time of ‘LA Forensics’, then rename the folder in finder. Of course that is a major pain for multiple shows and I still dunno how iTunes is gonna deal with the resulting folders/files for import.

If I had to guess it seems to be a problem with the program name? ‘LA Forensics’ there’s no season or episode description(s). Basically a duplicate program name for all episodes.

Lemme know if you need more info or what to do to extract or potentially repeat the problem?

Yeah, it does overwrite without warning. It should either warn you or alter the name slightly.

So, off of the top of my head I am thinking there is no season info or episode info and the title is exactly the same???

How does it show up in the shows under your Tablo??

That I will need to look at, but I am not at home and may take some time to look into that one.

Right, it will just download say Lost.mp4 then download another episode and name it Lost.mp4 and overwrite the previous episode unless you manually change the name of the previous episode.

Can you post a screenshot of Tablo Exporter with that show so I can see what it looks like?

Or better yet, run from the command line, java -jar TabloExport.jar

And export the one program. You should see some output on the command line like:

http://192.168.1.6:18080/pvr/197121/pl/playlist.m3u8 - Testing.mp4 - OS Mac OS X

Take the HTTP portion up to before the pl; http://192.168.1.6:18080/pvr/197121/meta.txt
And send me a PM with the output

Your post was entirely in Greek to me.

Are you on Windows? Mac?