Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

@mediadigs Well, in order to reload the queue I do export some data, but not to all files. That could take some time to do. On the Tablo my wife uses she has over 400 shows, just to load the shows takes quite some time. I try to tell her to delete, but she has no time.

Not a big deal. I’m not seeing any metadata from the mp4 exports when I load them in VLC. I’m using MetaZ to add the episode title to the artists and the airdate to the album categories manually so I can sort them in VLC Player. Thanks.

Not a big deal. I'm not seeing any metadata from the mp4 exports when I load them in VLC. I'm using MetaZ to add the episode title to the artists and the airdate to the album categories manually so I can sort them in VLC Player. Thanks.

Try using Sublr for Mac … I personally use a combination of Sublr and Filebot (filebot to get the filenames right so sublr can recognize them properly) … I find Sublr to be far superior than MetaZ …

Please forgive the noob question and amateur abilities but can someone help me better understand the ffmpeg file entry?  Am I suppose to select something from the folder I download and extracted?

/Users/AirMac/Downloads/ffmpeg-2.6.2/configure

Java opens my Tablo and I can select recorded shows but when I click Export Video Tablo Export Que window begins to work and then displays Failed!

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

@enyapeoj yes you need to have the actual ffmpeg executable file. Are you on windows, Mac??

I saw the file path. Mac. OK yes the executable is named ffmpeg.

@enyapeoj yes you need to have the actual ffmpeg executable file. Are you on windows, Mac??

Sorry to be so green about this sort of thing but thank you what looks like a wonderful utility.  I travel a fair amount so this would be very helpful.  

I opened something in that FFMPEG folder that launched a terminal window but there was something about missing or old components?  

Maybe I should paste that here?  Or instead of wasting everybody’s time in your thread perhaps find a Youtube video showing the steps about how to use ffmpeg?  I once figured out cat (concatenate) command from YT video..

Here’s a paste of the window when I opened “configure” in FFMPEG download folder:

Last login: Tue Apr 28 16:58:05 on ttys001

Josephs-MacBook-Air-2:~ AirMac$ /Users/AirMac/Downloads/ffmpeg-2.6.2\\ 2/configure ; exit;

Configured with: --prefix=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1

Configured with: --prefix=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1

yasm/nasm not found or too old. Use --disable-yasm for a crippled build.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest

version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the

ffmpeg-user@ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.

Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help

solve the problem.

logout

[Process completed]

You need to download the binaries for Mac. That way is easier than trying to explain. How to build ffmpeg. So go to the download page for ffmpeg and select Builds 32bit and 64bit for osx 10.5 and above. When you get to that page download for your ver of osx. Then that will contain the binaries.

Ok, doofus is back and that made enough sense even for my old & abused brain.  Thank you very much!

I converted a 30 min program which took only 3-4 minutes.  This will be very helpful and thanks again!

no worries glad I could help

Gosh darn this is NICE #Jestep  Thanks again for the hand-holding.  Running great on MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.3  Looking forward to my next flight(s) armed with a week’s TV.  Much easier than command line stuff.  Nothing wrong with that but I just don’t have the mind and intelligence for it.  FFMPEG is a strange and unusual concept for some of us. 

#AceConrad - "This afternoon I converted about a dozen TV shows and movies and this app is great! Pretty good speed and playback for me was flawless. There was one recorded movie it couldn't convert, it would start but almost immediately it said it was done. It created the file folder but no file. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the recorded movie as I can play it back from the Tablo with no problem.  One glitch but I'm happy with the rest of the results, great job! - Thanks for all your effort!"

recently saw this myself.  Destination disk exporter created a named folder for the program but didn’t actually write any mp4 data.  However, I re-exported the program and export went just fine.  It doesn’t appear to be a fatal flaw within the Tablo recording but merely “exporter” misses something and incorrectly considers the file successfully converted/saved to folder. Best check the destination folder contents for missing mp4. Perhaps oddly, it’s wasn’t repeatable when exporting the same program again?  

Much easier than command line stuff.  Nothing wrong with that but I just don’t have the mind and intelligence for it.  FFMPEG is a strange and unusual concept for some of us.  

Hey @enyapeoj if you run across issues like that please let me know the show season at cetera so that I can look to see if maybe it’s a file naming issue. Thanks

#Jestep

Will do, sorry I wasn’t paying much attention this time but I do remember it was 2 shows of the same name, season, different episodes.  It was the one on top in the que window which reported complete without mp4 saved. 

HOLD ON - found which program the glitch is/was:

Season 4 - Psychic Detectives - Episode 10 - Sign of the Zodiac.mp4

Same season, Episode 13 - One Step Behind.mp4 was the export that followed Ep 10 and went properly the 1st pass.  

As mentioned, Ep 10 eventually exported fine when I went back and did it again.  I saw few minutes later Date Modified which was the clue to which program this glitch happened to.  

Well no funky characters there

Try running the program via command line in terminal. java -jar TabloExport.jar. send me any errors you see

Opened terminal and pasted java “ -jar TabloExport.jar “ (inside quotes) which returned this:

Last login: Tue Apr 28 22:31:58 on ttys000

Josephs-MacBook-Air-2:~ AirMac$ java -jar TabloExport.jar

Error: Unable to access jarfile TabloExport.jar

Josephs-MacBook-Air-2:~ AirMac$ 

Seriously, tried to warn you I’m pretty damn dumb about this stuff.  Do I need to change path or something?

No worries, yes you have to run that from the directory/folder where the jar is.

Opened terminal and pasted java “ -jar TabloExport.jar “ (inside quotes) which returned this:

Last login: Tue Apr 28 22:31:58 on ttys000

Josephs-MacBook-Air-2:~ AirMac$ java -jar TabloExport.jar

Error: Unable to access jarfile TabloExport.jar

Josephs-MacBook-Air-2:~ AirMac$ 

Seriously, tried to warn you I’m pretty damn dumb about this stuff.  Do I need to change path or something?

You have to “cd” to the directory where you have the TabloExport.jar file … by default it wont be in that directory unless you issue the command to change the directory … aka “cd”

#Jestep - Now I get it.  You’re asking me to run the program from Terminal.  Duh, finally got…

I performed one export launched in this manner with no reported errors.  However, this problem hasn’t happened exporting single programs (shows).  I’ve only experienced it while exporting multiple programs in que.  

When I realized I must navigate to the Tabloexporter folder/directory I remembered something a lot of people probably take for granted.  With terminal window open you can simply drag the folder/directory you need following the CD command in terminal.  Do you realize how many long strings of directory text I’ve manually copied/typed in over the years?  I warned you…

Thank you so much for the software to export for local storage/access.

You can still run from command line for multiple shows and then send me any errors and what was happening

Jestep -

First off thank you very much for this app.  I just off loaded 161 episodes off my Tablo - took a few hours but well worth the minimal effort required.  This is a fantastic tool for those who want to off load to Plex or some other media server.  It would be even sweeter if the following suggestions could be implemented:
1.  File names that use the standardized S01E04 type format.  Keeps Plex users from having to rename every file.
2.  The ability to select format - such as MKV, AVI etc.
3.  Last but not least, how about the option to DELETE the Tablo hard disk file after off loading?

Keep up the awesome work.  This is an addon that I personally would pay for - its worth it