Tablo AppleTV App (4th Generation) ETA?

Anxiously waiting on the new AppleTV app for the 4th gen box. Does anyone know timing on the release?

5 Likes

Me toooooooo!

1 Like

Me three

1 Like

We are hoping to launch the Apple TV and smart TV applications as soon as possible. We do not currently have a date we can share, but Apple TV will be the first to launch later this fall.

3 Likes

@TabloSupport why not fix the old app to work with Apple TV? It been over a month since the new tvOS was released and I haven’t been able to use my old table because it crashes. Before the they would have fixed it within 3 days. And yes I have reported it and even called support and was told the old Tablo’s was not a priority.

There must be some sort of internal goal. Why not announce that you’re targeting a date but just specify that you can’t make any guarantees and it could go longer. At least then we’d know whether we’re talking weeks or months.

Mental note. The first day of winter and official end of “later this fall” is December 21st. :smiling_imp:

Yep still waiting! :grimacing:

The old app is not working with the old tablo it has been that way since tvOS came out and I was only able to watch tablo on one of my Apple TVs because I updated all three and today I go to watch the only Apple TV I can watch tablo on and to my surprise it automatically updated today so now I stuck with out being able to watch tv on any of my Apple TV. I called support and they said that the older tablo’s are not a priority and when the new app comes out it should work. Does that include being able to stream outside your home?

Y’all really need to fix the old Apple TV app so it doesn’t crash. I’ve been using tablo for eight years and it has never taken this long to fix a problem. I would think you will be getting more complaints seeing how if you have auto update on your Apple TV that more and more are going to experience the same thing that I’m going through.

1 Like

that is strange. I still own older model Table Dual lite with Legacy Table app on Apple TV. Apple TV running iOS 17 no issue. maybe try delete Legacy Tablo app from Apple TV ? Do you have iPad or iPhone ?
you could unplug tablo device power for 1 or 5 minutes try again.
Legacy Tablo on app still have been act strange since last week. when I choose channel to watch then it pop up ask me to record to show. it keep doing that when I ever change channel not sure what is going on. Both my Apple TV act the same behavior not my iPad.

I have three Apple TV and updated two when the new tvOS came out. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and it doesn’t work. Only the one I didn’t update would work the Tablo. And today when I went to watch it it had automatically updated to new tvOS so now I can’t watch the tablo. I can use my iPhone 12 and my iPad Pro and it works fine but would like to be able to watch on my tv. My mine concern is it that when I called support they told me that the old units was not a priority.

Me also. The sooner the better

why not be truthful and say its not getting fixed so i can go out and get a airtv dvr.

1 Like

AirTV is not good. Just tried one and returned it. Sling all but abandoned this thing, unfortunately. It has outdated hardware and poor performance. Buffers all the time on channels Tablo has no problem with. Both were connected via Ethernet so wasn’t a WiFi problem. I would avoid AirTV.

Maybe I’ll try hd homerun if Tablo doesn’t release an Apple TV app soon.

2 Likes

Another option (that can use an HD Homerun btw)

2 Likes

thanks for the info. i will look at home run as the option.you saved me the trouble.

1 Like

I agree. I had Air TV 1 and Air TV 2 and even though 2 was better, neither worked very well. The Tablo 4th gen is infinitely better, even with the bugs and they do seem to be addressing the bugs fairly quickly. Support on the air TV was non-existent.

1 Like

They do say Apple TV is in testing and is the next device to be supported. I hope that’s not just smoke. I want the Apple TV support also.

2 Likes

It’s taking every fiber of my being to be patient and not return this and grab an HDHomeRun. I know it costs more but at least it works now. :sob:

2 Likes

Got to be getting close. I hope!

Gosh Tablo just give us some info for your own sake. The legacy Apple TV Is crap. Does not work on Apple TV well anymore and you launched a new product without APPLE TV app. You already screwed the apple community, at least give us some information.

5 Likes