Tablo App on Android keeps stopping

Will this be a Tablo firmware update or a Tablo application update?
Rudy

@rpopeszku It will be an app update.

Any idea how much longer on it? Weeks or days? Also will it fix the problem where it wont let you skip ahead? Sorry just really want to switch to my Chromecast again. :slight_smile:

@Monkey - Hard to tell. Everytime we think we’ve got it licked, something else pops up. There has been a lot of fist shaking from our Android team but they’re heads down and grinding through it.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

This is what our Android team has been doing to the Chromecast code:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/530748/stewie-kicking-ass-o.gif

It’s been a tough, bloody slog but they’ve managed to beat it into submission.

An app update with the Chromecast fix is making its way through the interwebs as we speak.

Thanks for your patience as we worked this one out!

1 Like

OMFG!!! Thank you Android TEAM!

EDIT: NVM it still sucks. It still can not fast forward and just starts at the beginning not where you are actually at in the stream. It does not crash the app though but still worthless.

Same thing happening here on my Nvidia Shield Android TV device HTML application 1.0.3 1 app now takes forever to load and every time even when I’m not in the Tablo app keeps crashing I have two devices and it does the same on both Nvidia Shield devices

@Artemus Touch base with our support team. We should be able to find out what’s causing this.

I have a Samsung 6 Edge+ (Android 6.0.1). I do not stream through Chromecast. I actually do not use the app very often at all. I am also getting the frequent messages that Tablo App has stopped working. I am reinstalling the app now. ( I think I already had the updated version, but am covering my bases). I suspect there is another issue at play besides the Chromecast issue that is coausing the frequent stoppages.

1 Like

Mine stops whenever I go from WiFi to Cell coverage. Not sure why it is running all the time anyways. Just so it can waste my phone battery?

I’m on a Galaxy S7 and have the notification pop up kind of randomly. Any info as to why this happens? The Tablo app isn’t even running, or wasn’t used and the message still pops up.

Any time I turn off my bluetooth device, ‘Tablo App has stopped working’ message pops up on me. In most of those cases, I have not run Tablo app in hours. So this message confuses me.

Some of earlier @TabloTV comments stated it would be an app update. The last update fixed a major Chromecast/Google Home upgrade glitch, but this issue with bluetooth persists.

1 Like

Yeah, the constant Tablo has crashed, even when I’m not using it, is somewhat annoying. Samsung S5 here.

Is this another Tablo - Samsung bug?

Also, while I am using Tablo, and put 2 fingers on the screen, it seems to crash Tablo (i.e. when you zoom). So it’s not just when Tablo is in the background.

I am getting this crash on my android phone and Nexus player. If I remove my headphones tablo crashes.

We’re just wrapping a few things up, but this is next on our list to look at. We hope to have a fix for this soon. Stay tuned.

1 Like

I am having a similar issue whenever I disconnect my bluetooth speaker.

@faganm24 Sorry, missed that - too many threads - we believe the issue noted in yours is related. We’ll look at this as soon we can.

Thanks. Feel free to merge the threads if that makes sense.