Tablo App keeps randomly exiting back to Roku home screen

Have Roku 10.5.0 Build 4187 and Tablo Roku Channel Version 2.18.0

Tablo: If watching a channel, then use down arrow to change channel no issue. If watching a channel, then exit to guide to select a channel, go to Roku Home Screen

Tablo Alt: no issues with either of the above scenarios.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up. I saw the TabAlt but didnā€™t understand. I now know that it is a channel that can be downloaded on ROKU called Tablo ALT. When running this channel all of my problems went away. Thanks for the info. Thought Iā€™d put this post here for the more challenged of us. Simply download the Tablo ALT channel via your ROKU website on computer. It will say it is not a known application and to proceed at your own caution, but get it anyway. It will show up on your ROKU and use it instead of normal Tablo channel.

2 Likes

My Ultra updated to software version 10.5.0 build 4191-46 just a few hours ago. Iā€™m running the standard Tablo channel (2.18.0, not ALT).

The update seems to have fixed the thumbnail issue - I no longer have random missing/black panes :slightly_smiling_face:. The Roku player software now uses slightly larger fonts and displays more info while forwarding.

Will report back if issues arise, but looking very good.

1 Like

My Streambar updated to build 4191-95. So far no issues on standard app. I have also not had the blank thumbnail issue, normally I see it at least once per day. Fingers crossed that itā€™s truly fixed.

Indeed. Weā€™re cautiously optimistic at this point!

It looks like the exiting stopped. Havenā€™t experienced any problems over the last two days.
Hope othersā€™ problems have disappeared, as well.
Roku has updated its software with minor builds at least twice since the ā€˜exitā€™ problem started.
Rokuā€™s software version is now 10.5.0 build 4181-24.
Will report back if things change.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.